Tire Size & Trailer Hitch Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Size & Trailer Hitch Help

I'm picking up a set of 14x6" wheels, and I'm looking for the lowest profile tire I can find. I want to keep the OD as OEM as possible. I found a set of Toyo Proxes T1R tires for $109/tire. I was really hoping to spend half that or better. I know that they're ultra high performance, but I mean come on, it's a stock Festiva! On one hand, safety is everything, and with the Aspire swap and these tires, no problem! And, they'll look badbutt (oi) on the car. On the other hand, it's $450 for 4 tires.

My second question is, I'm looking at this hitch for the Festiva, but I was hoping for a class 1 universal and not a solid. Does anyone make one?
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

yeah pretty much those 195/45/14 toyo's are the only option if you want to keep the speedo close to correct, from what I have seen.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

check out this price...

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

I beleive there were Class 2 hitches made, but good luck finding one. You'll probably have to have a stronger hitch made, possibly building upon the Class 1 Curt hitch.

As for tires, check out 185/55-14 size. There are several choices around $60-70 each. One is the Federal SS-595.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Wow. Ty's link has lots of choices, and the Proxes 195/45-14s are "only" $77 each plus shipping.

I'm wondering about the Sumitomo 215/50-13s though. I think I'd want 6" wide wheels to go with them.

Karl

Comment

Like So? >RV Trailer Hitch
            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Found Toyo Proxes for $334 shipped! http://www.treadepot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                I beleive there were Class 2 hitches made, but good luck finding one. You'll probably have to have a stronger hitch made, possibly building upon the Class 1 Curt hitch.
                No point in a Class 2 though; I wouldn't try pulling 3,500 pounds with a Festy. Too hard on the clutch, motor, and even the Aspire brakes aren't up to the task. If you just want a receiver hitch, you could modify the Curt Class 1, but it seems like a lot of trouble just to not have the Class 1 hitch tongue stick out a few inches.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I'd like to eventually have a hitch that I could tow other Festivas or Aspires with. That's why I'd add on to it. Nothing over 2500 pounds fer shore.

Didn't know "Class 2" was 3500 pounds.

Karl

Comment

Working...
                  X