Various Aspire Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Various Aspire Options

How rare is the ABS option on the Aspire?? Also, how would I go about finding out if I have it, lol, since all I've ever owned before now (or at least since I new enough about cars to care) is Festiva's, which don't have ABS, lol.

Also, I know we have the list (available from the internet archive of FordFestiva.com) of available options for festivas, does anybody have any info on that stuff for Aspires? Like did they ever makes stuff like power mirrors for Aspires? Different interior levels?? Also I want to know if a cargo cover is an option on Aspires.
    1997 Ford Aspire, MTX, Teal, B3E - "Trusty"
    1997 Ford Aspire, MTX, Red, B3E - "Eggy" (RIP)
    1989 Ford Festiva LX, ATX, Maroon, B3E - "TBK" (RIP)
    1991 Ford Festiva GL, ATX, Red, B3E - "Festiva GT" (RIP)

check out fordaspire.com, I think there is a thread about options there somewhere.
    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

unfortunations, my search for "options" and other various things have yielded nothing . There forum is far less used than ours I noticed. I guess fewer people like the egg car, lol.

Comment

I have a 95 Aspire SE, with upgraded interior. Door panels have cloth inserts and molded-in map pockets. Cloth seats, split fold-down rear seatback, cargo cover, tach cluster, factory aluminum wheels. Had a spoiler before the accident. Don't think it has ABS.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Sorry I don't have any info to add, but I was also wondering about the ABS Aspires. I saw that on wikipedia. It would be a nice thing to have.
          BP powered 91 Festiva L
          -FMS springs, GR2 struts, Toyo T1R 195/45/14 on Swift GT alloys
          -Trunk mounted gel battery
          -Suzuki Swift GT seats, Grant GT steering wheel, auto-locks
          -Blaupunkt Melbourne deck with Bluetooth, sealed single 12" sub

Comment

Gus, if you have ABS there should be something on or around the dash saying so. If not, check your front knuckles for an extra line going into them on at least one. It would probably have a corrugated surround on it and be as thin or thinner than the brake lines. This would be the electrical line to the hub sensor. The one I saw on an '02 Rio only had one side. Pics of that junkyard Rio can be found in this thread:

Discuss improvements to your Festiva or Aspire in the handling, braking, wheels and tires areas.

Lemme see if I can add the right side pic:

See that extra line that the loose brake line (banjo bolt end) is hanging on? You should have something like it going to one of your front hubs.

As for Aspire options, I'm pretty sure I've seen cargo covers at the junkyard. The SE had alloy wheels, fog lamps, rear spoiler, special interior (seats and door panels) and a blue tach cluster. The SE front fascia may have been different as well.

I've never seen power mirrors on an Aspire, but you can find inside adjustable ones. I've seen those at 'yards.

Karl
            Last edited by Safety Guy; 04-23-2010, 08:25 AM.
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Yea, I've seen Aspire clusters up to 110 also, they all do that right? If so I won't need to upgrade to a 120 or 140 cluster as with the festiva because I seriously doubt they will go much faster than 110 stock, lol, the festiva and its crappy 80 cluster is a diff story, lol.

Comment

they all go to 110, just the last number is 105, there is another tick mark.

I've swapped in an MX-3 RS cluster from a 92-93 car with the cable speedo and that goes to 140! The bp probably could have done it too!
                94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...

Facebook Me!

Comment

overseas the aspire had an available 1.5L 16 valve single cam engine.

They also had a model with a Funtop, foglights, power locks, and power windows.

The US options were:

power steering in 4 door automatic cars only
                  Upgraded interior package with cloth door panel inserts and seats that didn't stain with water
                  Rear wiper on the SE and some others
                  Rear defrost (standard on 97)
                  Rear upper kicker spoiler
                  Rear lower spoiler on the SE
                  Remote mirrors (97)
                  Cargo Cover
                  SE had the rear cargo light
                  Map pockets on the door panels
                  Rear split fold seat (on the SE and the upgraded interior)
                  Ford Premium Sound package on the SE
                  Radio delete and antenna delete
                  4 wheel ABS
                  Sunroof in the dealer added Sunsport cars

I think that's about it.

Facebook Me!

Comment

That's just what I wanted, a jy checklist . With the rear cargo light does it come on automaticaly like on the lx? Also what exactly is the "premium audio package", as a sound engineer I wonder how much better they actually are, lol.

Comment

Not as good as you could get aftermarket.
                      Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                      - Unknown
                      I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                      - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                      - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Originally posted by pwgus View Post
                        ... what exactly is the "premium audio package", as a sound engineer I wonder how much better they actually are, lol.
                        If you are a sound engineer, why are you even asking about the "premium sound package" in a subcompact economy car?
                        Oscar

Comment

You don't want the ABS that came on the aspire, it was pretty slow and over-aggressive.
                          OX SMASH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
                            they all go to 110, just the last number is 105, there is another tick mark.

I've swapped in an MX-3 RS cluster from a 92-93 car with the cable speedo and that goes to 140! The bp probably could have done it too!
                            I have a couple of SE pics of the cluster - its out of a festiva deamon (RHD SE)
                            I added a SE four door shot
                            Last edited by Festiva_tunner; 04-27-2010, 01:23 PM.

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                            92 GL - parts car
                            97 aspire - parts car
                            87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                            http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                            Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Lol, that 4 door is not an SE, that's just Busted Knuckles' car. He's an old time member from fa.com. They didn't make 4 door SE's here, but you can add a wing easy enough. I was thinking of slapping one on my 4 door, I'm gonna rice it out and make my V6 car look bone stock.

Facebook Me!

Comment

Working...
                              X