Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Tyre Site with some nice little choices!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Tyre Site with some nice little choices!

I'm always on the take for appropriately small tyres for our little cars and I found this place:

Go start looking up your doughnut desires:

I began to list all the nice tyres, but found that all my links were the same. You'll have to pick the sizes yourself! Try these:

-155/80-12 (Dunlop Graspic snow)

These sizes would be perfect for a converted 4 X 100mm Festiva with the stock Aspire 4.5" wide rims:

-165/65-13 (just a couple MMs lower than stock ride height)
    -155/70-13 (right at stock height)
    -165/70-13 (just about 12MM above stock height--this size worked well on my Mutt's wheels after conversion)

Choices include Pirelli P400s, Bridgestones, Nokias, Mastercrafts, Nankangs, and a few more.

If you look hard you'll even find some 135/80-13s, although the size finder doesn't have a "135" on the list (you'll see these incidental to some other small sizes on the complete size listings). I would check your load range very carefully before getting these skinny ones, though!

There's a (probably more expensive) alternative to the 195/45-15 Proxes. Look it up.

There are a couple of choices in the 185/55-14 size, too. A ton of choices in the 175/65-14s.

I'll stop now and let ya'll look for yourselves.

Tne main catch is probably the COST of many of these. Nokia Hakkapeliitas are pretty expensive, but I hear they're worth it for snow tyres. I'm checking out the Hakka WRs in 165/70-13 for my Aspire alloys to run from late November to March.

Call and find out for yourselves.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project
Working...
X