13s on front, 12s on back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13s on front, 12s on back?

How terrible is this going to be? My rubbing problem with the back spring perch is worse than i realized and has almost rubbed through to the belts so for now i have to throw the 2 decent 12s i have on back and run with it. How terrible is it going to handle?

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Originally posted by Evil D View Post
    How terrible is this going to be? My rubbing problem with the back spring perch is worse than i realized and has almost rubbed through to the belts so for now i have to throw the 2 decent 12s i have on back and run with it. How terrible is it going to handle?
    If the 13s and the 12s are all the same width and sidewall height, for example 155/80, there is no problem at all. I have done this.

If you are running something like this: 175/70x13 on front, and 155/80x12 on the rear, then you would want some more air in the rear tires, maybe 5-10 lbs, so the rear tires had similar sidewall stiffness to the shorter-sidewall front tires.
    Last edited by TominMO; 04-30-2010, 07:33 PM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Yeah they're something like 175/80/13s if i remember right and whatever stock 12 size is in the back. I've got a lead on some good condition 12s so we'll see how it goes.

Comment

I ran 14's in the front and 12's in the back. I got worse gas mileage because I was always going uphill....

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Originally posted by anomoly40 View Post
          i ran 14's in the front and 12's in the back. I got worse gas mileage because i was always going uphill...:d.
          ^ lmao!!
          Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by anomoly40 View Post
            I ran 14's in the front and 12's in the back. I got worse gas mileage because I was always going uphill....
            So why didn't you move the 12's up front and the 14's in the back?
            Then you be going down hill all the time and get better mileage!
            '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
            '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
            '92 Aqua parts Car
            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
            '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
            Your holy ghost will not save you.
            Your God plutonium will not save you.
            In fact...
            ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Im running 195/50/15 in the front and 175/70/13 in the rear right now... :/
              91GL BP/F3A with boost
              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Well strangely enough it handles BETTER. I think it's because it sat so much higher in the back and raised the center of gravity and it rolled in the corners harder. It feels tighter now.

Comment

Well strangely enough it handles BETTER. I think it's because it sat so much higher in the back and raised the center of gravity and it rolled in the corners harder. It feels tighter now.
                  i beleive you. when i had my snow tires on the back of my supra, they were a larger diameter and slowed my steering response down big time!

Comment

I have 12s on the front and 14s on the back cause I haven't finished my asipre swap yet and other then me having to roll the rear fenders I haven't had an issue other then people looking at me kinda weird but it also doesn't help that my car is 3 different colors to.
                    2015 Ford mustang Ecoboost
                    2013 Toyota Rav4 Limited
                    2013 Scion IQ ( yes the smart car looking one)
                    2015 Harley Davidson Iron883
                    2015Harley Davidson Street 750

Comment

Mine was just rubbing the spring perch...i think i'm going to make my own spacers. I'm not sure if that'll even help because i think it's the tire smooshing over in ther corners because it doesn't rub in a straight line.

Is $100 for good condition 12s a decent price?

Comment

LOL I have 12s on the front of mine and 13s on the back right now. Im not having any issues other than it looks weird.

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

Comment

Omg @ new sig pic. MURDERER!

Comment

Mine was just rubbing the spring perch...i think i'm going to make my own spacers. I'm not sure if that'll even help because i think it's the tire smooshing over in ther corners because it doesn't rub in a straight line.

Is $100 for good condition 12s a decent price?
                            $100 for four tires? 2 tires? 4 rims with tires? 2 Rims with tires?

Guess it depends on the above^^
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                            The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Just tires.

Comment

Working...
                              X