Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW Teardrop wheels

Is anybody rockin' these?

I got a set from a guy at work, test fitted them on the front aspire swap I pulled today (with VW ball seat nuts of course. It's really hard to line up a wheel with lug bolts onto a strut/hub/spindle that's not on a car) and they fit perfect. Hub bore is only half a mil different IIRC so they're almost hub centric.

These are some of the coolest 14s out there (albeit they're somewhat rare) so I'm surprised I haven't seen a set on a festy on here yet.

Unless I'm just not paying attention. That happens a lot too.

uhhhh....

pics???
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

No pics of mine, but this is the style.

Comment

i was just looking at a set of those rims the other day on kijiji.
        good score
        the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
        \/\_____________FORD
        FOREVER

Comment

Those are some sharp looking rims!!! Going to look sweet on your car! Good score!

Comment

Got the fronts on, with some "barely legal/barely holds air" tires from our scrap bin- I just needed something round and black for now to get the aspire swap done, I have to special order some tires. I work for a national chain of tire shops and we don't have ANY 14" performance tires below 70 series in our system, and that's only if you wanna call the radial T/A a performance tire. Anyone who's actually run them knows better than to call it that (although they make for a spectacular burnout). But now I'm rambling.

They definitely look great. I'll be refinishing them eventually.

Comment

they looks good - did you have to swap the studs and lug nuts to the "VW dish" lugs

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
              92 GL - parts car
              97 aspire - parts car
              87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
              http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
              Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Yep. I'm quite thankful that VW lugs have the same thread as the aspire.

All european cars use lug bolts like the Festy. Mercedes uses ball seat lugs as well, but they're usually 14x1.5 and ridiculously long (but if you don't match lug length to the wheel you're using it murders the parking brake. They're weird that way.)
                Last edited by Tommychu; 05-24-2010, 11:56 AM.

Comment

I should have snapped a picture if the whole car though. With only the front swapped and with uncut aspire springs it looks as if it's perpetually stuck in a massive launch.
                  Speaking of which, is an uncut aspire spring too much of an angle for the CV joints? I know uncut rio will chew the joints to crap, but I haven't heard whether aspires do the same. I know it was tough to get it all together with the extra height.

Comment

Working...
                  X