No announcement yet.

Aspire rear axle fits in my festiva???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire rear axle fits in my festiva???

Hi i'm from guatemala and i try to speak english so i hope you understand me.

my question is: Can i put the aspires rear axle in my 1993 festiva?? its the same? both have the same or different dimensions?

please help me.

thanks

Yes it will fit. Be sure to get the mounting brackets for the rear end from the Aspire. I didn't and had to modify my stock Festiva ones to work properly
    Paul
    91GL
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

The bolt pattern for the wheels will be different than a Festiva's, you will need new wheel's.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

Crap. What was different about the brackets? Because I left them on the Aspire.

Thanks
        89 L

Comment

Its somewhat hard to explain in words that anyone else would understand.. When I did my Aspire swap on my 90L I did not get the Aspire mounting brackets either. What I had to do was take the stock Festiva ones off my car and remove the metal tab that makes sort of a point in the middle of each bracket. It took abut 10 seconds on each bracket to bend them off with a vise grips. I think all they are there for is to limit the overall travel of the rear end. I have had no problems from doing that in the year since my swap. If you have any more questions feel free to PM me
          Paul
          91GL
          Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

Sounds easy enough. I just didn't feel like driving 2 hours round to get the brackets I left behind. One of these weekends I'll get started on the swap.

89 L

Comment

Working...
            X