Swift GTi wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swift GTi wheels?

Anyone ever used them? I guess theyre 14x5 and 4x114.3. They kinda look like Honda VX rims but are same bolt pattern as a festy and 14". Kinda narrow at 5" though.

91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

They are also made out of magnesium and are very light. My friend has a set on his Swift GT with 185-60-14s.
    Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
    1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
    2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
    2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Yeah IIRC someone in canada has/had them on his festy
      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

I got them. They are great wheels. The offset seems to work fine, haven't ever measured it though. I am running 195/45R14. My only beef is that the centerbore is slightly big, like 14 thou on the radius. It doesn't sound like much, but it's caused vibration for me. I use strips of paper to center the wheel now, so it's a bit tedious.
        BP powered 91 Festiva L
        -FMS springs, GR2 struts, Toyo T1R 195/45/14 on Swift GT alloys
        -Trunk mounted gel battery
        -Suzuki Swift GT seats, Grant GT steering wheel, auto-locks
        -Blaupunkt Melbourne deck with Bluetooth, sealed single 12" sub

Comment

I've been thinking about the hub fit. I may one day try to get a material (plastic or aluminum?) in the appropriate thickness and cut a small thin strip to wrap around the Festiva or Aspire hub, perhaps gluing it as well. This would be much cheaper than buying one of those hubcentric rings, though it would be more trouble and may not last too long. But how often do you remove all your wheels?

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I've never had any vibration problems with my car.. and I'm running honda VX wheels which have a bigger center bore, had it up to 85-90ish before and it felt solid.
            -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
            -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
            -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Working...
            X