Spring Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Question

Im fixing to install some new shocks this weekend. Three days off finally !!! I have these newish springs and wondered if anyone knew what the factory color codes mean. See pics. Can you put a spring on upside down or on the wrong side ? Plan on using store bought compressers instead of my homemade ones this time. Think Ive maxed out my yearly limit on my dental plan.

Also have some metalic bling to install on Frankenstiva this weekend plus numerous other long overdue festiva projects. Hard to cram it on in on a long weekend though.

Last edited by freshtiva; 05-28-2010, 09:14 PM.
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Those two springs on the right have an end that tapers and creates a flat surface, that end is the top. And the other end should seat in the recessed part of the lower seat. I think the paint is, Red for the front and the two different colors are for the rear because when you order struts the fronts have the same part # and the rears have seperate part #'s.

And that spoiler is gonna look great, get some pics when you put it on.
    '90 LX

Comment

Originally posted by wybnrml View Post
      when you order struts the fronts have the same part # and the rears have seperate part #'s.

And that spoiler is gonna look great, get some pics when you put it on.
      Hey thanks for the response. I ordered two rear shocks today and they have the same #, far as I know. Maybe theyll be different when I pick them up in the morning. Monroe has a rebate program going on now so Ill have to know the part # for the rebate form. Thanks for the info ! Want to sell me that nice festy of yours yet ?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
        I ordered two rear shocks today and they have the same #, far as I know. Maybe theyll be different when I pick them up in the morning.
        My mistake, it's the fronts that have different part #'s.

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
        Want to sell me that nice festy of yours yet ?
        Not yet, I have plans for it, someday.
        '90 LX

Comment

Dammit Marcus. The rear struts are the same part per left and right sides. You should know that!!!....

PS. i need a clock bezel.
          ---------------------------------------------------
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          ---------------------------------------------------
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Got the front ones on today, I like the store bought compresser it works great and a lot less scary.

no rust in these strut towers

Out with the bad struts in with the good struts. The old ones were original equipment and wouldnt even expand back out on their own.

Im scared to try the rear ones just yet because of the dreaded lower rear strut bolts. Going to let it soak for several day before even trying the impact on them. I know how thats going to go. Those darn things anyway.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X