Widest stock wheel on my festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widest stock wheel on my festiva?

I'm looking for an alternative to the stock ugly 12 inch wheels on my festiva, but as wide as possible with out sticking out beyond the fender..
    Anyone have any suggestions on what i should go looking for .

I'm making a few trips in the next week or so to a wrecking yard so just need an idea whats working for all of you ..

THANKS

Use the search function at the top of the page, there are alot of different combos out there. I am running 14X6" wheels with a 38mm offset. I have 195-45-14 tires on them.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay
      Use the search function at the top of the page, there are alot of different combos out there. I am running 14X6" wheels with a 38mm offset. I have 195-45-14 tires on them.
      ya i did , but everyone keep talking about offset...i don't care about offset , i just wanna go to a yard and pull a set of rims off another car,.....makes and model is what I'm looking for.,...

Comment

Try this link its in the sticky at the top of the page.
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

Confucious say: He who does not care about offset may soon have to buy new tyres!

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy
            Confucious say: He who does not care about offset may soon have to buy new tyres!

Karl
            Or big HAMMER!

Comment

that's why i asked you guys whats WORKING for you so i don't have to use big hammers....

Comment

If you use a wheel 5.5" wide or more, I'd suggest going no more than a 38mm positive offset. A 45 or 40 offset may not be enough to clear your inner suspension parts.

I have VW 13 X 5.5" (38 offset) alloys on my Mutt and they worked well with 165/70s. It wasn't lowered, though, and I had Aspire struts with cut springs for stock ride height.

Also, going over a 6.5" wide wheel will probably be difficult unless you raise the car up a bit. Just a guess.

Karl

Comment

i think seapaintsflames is running 17s
                  90 L FI..second B3
                  90 L Parts car
                  Jay

Comment

Karl, I know you've posted this before, but....

how many coils did you cut off the Assfire springs for stock height?

Fester will be receiving a pair soon (courtesy of Matt)
                    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by FB71

i keep seeing 1 to 1.5 :-P

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew
                        Originally posted by FB71

i keep seeing 1 to 1.5 :-P
                        edit: aw yay i made it to 100

aw crap i hit quote not edit. sorry, delete this post someone?

Comment

I was ablt to run Sumitomo 205/60-13 on my 5.5" wide Koenig Theories with the Aspire rear struts and a 1/8" spacer - can't fit it with Festiva suspension. The STOCK Aspire strut will give you more clearance, but also raise the rear of the car a couple of inches.

Currently running 175/60/13 with the car lowered on a 5.5: wheel, and barely any room for more tire.

Check to be sure tires are available in the size wheel you want, too. For a 13" 5.5" rim, basically you can easily get the Falken 512 (175/60), the Sumitomo HTR-200 (175/50) and the Sumitomo +4 (205/60). I didn't have much luck finding anything else, although Karl recently posted some others.

A larger wheel *should* give more tire options.

Comment

Jim, just what Andrew said: 1 or 1.5 coils. I can't remember exactly. If I had to guess it would be only one coil.

I think for Lux I'm cutting 1.25 coils off my current Aspire fronts because I might have to make her work with her stock rear suspension (ie: low-ass and worn out!). I couldn't find an Aspire rear axle today and the one I have I messed up. I really would rather do the whole thing at once so I could just pay for one four wheel alignment.

Now I'm going to General to post what I DID find at the 'yard.

Jeff, 205/60s on 5.5" rims? :shock: I'd be afraid the Theories would be too skinny for those fat tyres, but I know I'm paranoid about closely matching tire and rim widths. I like my tyre sidewalls to be almost vertical. For example, here are my own limits on the widest rubber I'd use:

4.5" rim = 165mm tyre
                            5.0" rim = 175mm
                            5.5" rim = 195mm
                            6.0" rim = 205mm

But we know folks have run the 175/60 Falkens on Aspire rims and there are no horror stories. It may be just me!

Karl

Comment

for your rear suspension, you may want to experiment with this idea..

use the stock Festy front springs in back....

I'm gonna try it in a few weeks, after I get the engine build done.

I'm gonna swap everything at the same time to minimize down-time on Fester.

and, no, this isn't the 2.5 swap. just a stock 1.3 rebuild.
                              the 2.5 will now go into Franken Fester, currently titled 'Great Fester's Ghost' (completely stripped shell)
                              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Working...
                              X