Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aspire Conversion E-Brake Cable Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire Conversion E-Brake Cable Question...

On my first conversion on the Mutt, I used my original Festiva e brake cable and managed to get it hooked up to the Aspire brake drum actuators. I had to pull the ebrake ends out of the axle brackets and then with a lot of cussing and stretching, I made them reach.

Going over bumps, that car "jangles" from the cables whacking the axle parts.

I have an Aspire cable set I'll use on Luxstiva this spring.

However, isn't there some way we could fab up an "extension" or two that would provide the last two inches or so of reach from the cable ends to the drum brake actuators? Wouldn't we need only one per car, since the brake cable self-adjusts from side to side?

We should be able to find some sort of link to work in this application.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Just use the cable from a 2 door Aspire. That's all I did and it worked perfectly.
    Paul
    91GL
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

Yep, I know. It's just that unless you run across one with the interior already half-disassembled, it's a PITA to take out. Then it's a PITA to take apart your own interior and put the Aspire one in...

A little doodad that would hook up your Festiva cable properly would be real nice. It'd save up to an hour or more of work.

The one Aspire cable I did take out was from a car that had most of it's interior apart anyway. So I jumped on it!

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
      X