Tire/wheel weights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    Side note. Alloy space saver spares for a 1986-89 rx7 base model are made by enkei, they are 15" and very light weight. They are also a direct bolt on to a Festiva (4x114.3). I'll try to get an actual weight with spare tire next week.
    Could you also check on the backspacing? IE would they need spacers to pull them away from the struts.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Charlie wrote:

"Side note. Alloy space saver spares for a 1986-89 rx7 base model are made by enkei, they are 15" and very light weight. They are also a direct bolt on to a Festiva (4x114.3). I'll try to get an actual weight with spare tire next week."

I've only seen a later model alloy doughnut at the PnP. It was 4 X 108 or 110 (whatever newer RX7s were). I was intrigued and wondered about earlier years.

Early alloy RX7 doughnuts. Probably something like 14 or 15 X 3.5 or 4" wide. Probably less than eight pounds. You got my attention Charlie!!

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

All RX7 4 lug are 4x114.3 iirc. I also have 14" rx7 4 lug wheels.
        I'll bolt a couple of those spares up to my 89 so you can see what they look like. I have 3 RX-7 spares, waiting for the 4th to make a set for a fuel mizer build.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I didn't get he chance to weigh these, but they are 15x4 with a 40mm offset. They are hubcentric to the festiva hubs. They have 135-70-15" tires on them.

Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
            I didn't get he chance to weigh these, but they are 15x4 with a 40mm offset. They are hubcentric to the festiva hubs. They have 135-70-15" tires on them.

looks awesome. i'd love those exact rims ^
            My Fuel Log

See post #10 for my tips on fuel economy

Comment

at one point, i came across a nissan 16" alloy spare in an awesome yellow but after a search, i couldn't verify what model had them...
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Thanks Charlie, they're very nice looking.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I think 155/60/15" tires would fit on these.

Comment

which car are these off of? the rx7 rims i've seen in pictures of don't look like this.
                    My Fuel Log

Comment

Charlie sez they are '86 - '89 RX7 spacesavers.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                        Charlie sez they are '86 - '89 RX7 spacesavers.
                        they are to nice for that lol!
                        My Fuel Log

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyjd View Post
                          they are to nice for that lol!
                          Actually I was thinking the same thing. Charlie?

Edit: I notice the size is "4-T x 15", where the T probably means temporary.
                          Last edited by TominMO; 07-04-2013, 10:45 AM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

If you think aluminum wheels are light, you would be shocked at how light magnesium wheels are.

Comment

^I bought a set once and they ended up being heavier than the steelies I wanted to replace. Not that style, but mags from an old Lexus. Depends, I guess.
                              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Just because its says mag wheel does not mean it is made of magnesium alloy. All wheels are alloys. You can call any aluminum wheel a mag wheel. I am sure it has at least 0.2% magnesium. I am talking about wheels where the primary alloying metal is magnesium, at least 90%. For instance, a popular magnesium alloy is AZ31, which means 3% aluminum and 1% zinc. Besides other trace elements, the remainder is magnesium.
                                Last edited by bravekozak; 07-04-2013, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X