FMS Lowering Springs , Black??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS Lowering Springs , Black??

Hey all , thought i would get my knowledge from a reliable source from my buddies on ff.com.. Well i have owned more then one set of fms lowering springs in my life , but as most of us know its a bit hard to get in touch with roger to order stuff. So i bought a set of fms springs on ebay he had listed, i also noticed he had stockers available that are black in color. And i have alwase known the lowering springs to be red , i sent a message on ebay to fms when i received the springs wondering if they sent me the stockers by accident because the ones i received are black. And roger told me the springs are black now and not red anymore..? He asked me for the Part # and i was wondering if anyone else could confirm it with me that these are in fact the lowering springs. The part # i see on them is '75727 T255434' . Let me know ,thanks!!

Don't know about the part numbers, but if they are like the red ones then two of them should be dual rate. Also, if you measure the uninstalled length and material diameter, someone can compare them to stock springs. I have a set of stock springs I can measure if you need me to.
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

I've read this a few times now, the black and red ones are the same thing, just over time they decided to paint them black instead of red
      -Josh R

Comment

Don't their site say the part numbers?
        Go to their site and see what part number is. Should be the same if they are the right ones.

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
          Don't know about the part numbers, but if they are like the red ones then two of them should be dual rate. Also, if you measure the uninstalled length and material diameter, someone can compare them to stock springs. I have a set of stock springs I can measure if you need me to.
          ok, i'll measure them when i get home. thanks alot!!

Comment

come on chris one more post makes 1000!!!!!
            93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
            RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
            RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Rear FMS are progressive
              Oscar

Comment

999 = Evil upside down!!!!
                Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Owner of Team Lightning
                  90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                  92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                  93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
                    lol, evil is what im going for ok so the official measurements of the front spring, total length 11and a half inches with and 1mm thick material.... so whats the verdict?
                    Last edited by takeone51; 08-04-2010, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X