Festiva GR2 on Aspire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva GR2 on Aspire?

Is there any reason I can't use the KYB GR2 struts for the front of a Festiva on the front of an Aspire? I like the GR2 feel better than the Monroes.

On my Festiva I had GR2s on front and rear, but changed the rears to Aspire Monroes to get the higher spring perch. I think the rear GR2s had a better feel, but I am done with rear spacers. Comparing them side by side, the Festy rear GR2s had a thicker shaft than the rear Aspire Monroes, and different valving too, no doubt.

I know I'll be stuck with Monroes on the rear of the Aspire, But I thought at least I can get the Festy GR2s on the front. Good idea, bad idea?
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

"-KYB GR-2 front, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks (removed Fiesta-spec rear GR-2's to allow fitting larger rear wheels) wearing stock springs (eBay coil-overs removed)"

I assume you're on FA.com... I'm not, so you might want to shoot that guy a PM to be sure no mods were needed.
    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Fiesta-spec struts? Would those even bolt up?
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I assume (it's a post from 2008 ) that it's probably supposed to say Festiva, but I'm not entirely sure. Worth asking to find out... even Ford Aspire/Festiva owners mix them up apparently haha.
        1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
          http://fordaspire.5.forumer.com/inde...showtopic=3545
          "-KYB GR-2 front, Monroe Sensa-Trac rear shocks (removed Fiesta-spec rear GR-2's to allow fitting larger rear wheels) wearing stock springs (eBay coil-overs removed)"

I assume you're on FA.com... I'm not, so you might want to shoot that guy a PM to be sure no mods were needed.
          Thanks for the info. I'm sure he meant Festiva.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Fronts should direct swap, rears will have the spring perch lower, but should clear stock 13" tire sizes. def. won't clear 185-65-14's.
            89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
            94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
            2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
            1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
              Fronts should direct swap, rears will have the spring perch lower, but should clear stock 13" tire sizes. def. won't clear 185-65-14's.
              I was pretty sure the Festy GR2 fronts were a direct swap onto an Aspire, but just wanted some confirmation. And I do have the Aspire rears on my Festy for the higher spring perch. My tires are 185/60x14 on AR Estrellas; there is no rubbing going on. Thanks for ur input everyone.
              Last edited by TominMO; 08-22-2010, 08:44 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Working...
              X