Some advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some advice?

I have an inspiration to make my set up fairly low and wide, and also fab up some wide fibreglass wheel wheels. But ive seen a trend to get 14 x 8 deep dish wheels and put 195/45/14 on them to make the walls kind of diagonal.

Kind of like this ...

Do you think it would be possible.

Thanks in advance.
    93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
    98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
    98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

If your inspired... do it

........... With a lever long enough and a place to stand, you could move the world..........

..................Build thread.................http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29547

Comment

I think your right about that new look/stance.I get several import tuner mags and have seen alot of that look lately.I say,Go For It!!! Yours could be the first festy like like it.You could get some universal fiberglass flares(ebay?) and start modding!! Good luck,I can't wait to see your build.MF
      Go Fast !!,Take Chances !!

Comment

Hahah i would love too, going to take me a while, being a fulltime student.

Comment

If you've got the tools and inspiration go for it! That would be awesome. Kind of reminds me of the SHO but I think you could make an even nicer looking festy.

Good luck! Keep us updated frequently!
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
          The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Someone post a pic of that "look".
            97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
            CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
            Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by NicholasJackson View Post
              I have an inspiration to make my set up fairly low and wide, and also fab up some wide fibreglass wheel wheels. But ive seen a trend to get 14 x 8 deep dish wheels and put 195/45/14 on them to make the walls kind of diagonal.

Kind of like this ...

Thanks in advance.
              I've been wanting to do a set of widened steelies with stretched tires for a while now. Would love to go with the rat rod look on my festy! Btw, where are you at on the Gold Coast? I spent some time in Brisbane, right near Dreamworld!
              Last edited by lanemeyer14; 08-26-2010, 03:15 PM.
              "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Ok yeah, i live in mermaid beach proabably about 20km or 12 miles south of dreamworld, almost near surfers paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by NicholasJackson View Post

You won't be able to fit 8-in wide wheels with negative offset unless you widen the wheel wells. I personally don't like the look of stretched tires and running them that way is fairly dangerous. Not saying you shouldn't do it, just my opinion. Good luck!
                  Oscar

Comment

Working...
                  X