14x7 rims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14x7 rims?

Will they work? 35mm offset on an aspire setup. I'm willing to modify if needed, or is it just too wide?

Thanks
    Mike

14X5.5

i ran 185-60-r14 tires on 14x5.5 and it clear aspire front fender but very close....14x7...good luck!

the fastest aspire auto in the world

Comment

By "Aspire setup" do you mean the Aspire swap on a Festiva or an actual Aspire? Sorry, have to ask!

Like Yvan implied, you're pushing it with 7" wide wheels if you don't want to do extra mods. Some of this might also depend on your tyre size.

My offhand limit would be 6" wide wheels on any diameter rim, with a max tyre width of 195mm. But I'm lazy, plus I want to keep my Festivas around stock ride height.

I intend on one day having 185/60-13s. IMO, the best rim width for them would be 6", which should also handle a 195. I don't see the need for 13 X 7s unless you will be running 205s or 215s.

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I'm using an aspire brake swap on my festiva. I'm having trouble trying to find any wheel that looks good to me. I found these 14x7's that look great but 7"wide sounds really wide but with a cheap coilover setup and roll the fenders with the right tires I was hoping someone would know if could be possible before I buy these rims. I found some cheap 13" Panasport wheels on a '89 Mazda 323 but wrong lug pattern. This is getting to be a PITA. The wheel gods are not listening.

Thanks
        Mike

Comment

The Panasports would've been nice.

Wheels can be hard to come by. I messed up a bit in that you have 14 X 7s and not 13 X 7s. Same story though: you are at or beyond the normal limits.

However, if you are getting coilovers and can roll the wheel arches, etc., don't give up yet. The 35mm offset would be great with a 6" wheel, but I'm not sure it is enough for a 7". You may need a wheel spacer at the rear. Probably aa 1/4" spacer would be adequate if you need one at all. Just a guess.

I'd check out some 195/45-14s for your rims. They're not common and they'll cost you a bit but they're out there.

Good luck!

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

A long time ago I had the chance to measure a 14X7 35mm offset wheel in my festive with stock suspencion.This was with out tire,They fitted but sticked out from the fenders.I think they will rub alot.
            I was running the 13 with 185/60/13 and they rubbed on rough turns though,My car is lowered by about an 1 and 1/2.

I'm now running 15x6.5 with the 195/45/15,On this size you have lots of options.They rub on rough turns too!
            Not bad at all though,This is with over three full size persons.
            I am running spacers on the rear,The front cleared with no problems.
            06 vw Bora
            09 Nissan Versa
            fastest B6T is back!!!
            http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/785928

Comment

Working...
            X