No announcement yet.

Just started my brake swap project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubbing in the rear area could be due to a larger tire size. Are you running 175/70 or 155/80 13s or larger? If so, they may rub on bumps in the back. Go to smaller diameter tires or get stiffer rear springs.

FMS used to sell "heavy duty" rear springs for $100 a pair. I have some and will eventually install them. They use slightly thicker coil wire than the stock rear springs.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Are festiva and aspire control arms interchangeable? Did the brake swap and the new control arms are loose at spindle connection?
      jdm impreza wrx
      1990 LX 5spd

Comment

Originally posted by eastcoast413 View Post
        Are festiva and aspire control arms interchangeable? Did the brake swap and the new control arms are loose at spindle connection?
        Ok looks like I need to use festiva control arms...maybe I should not have bought them on ebay
        jdm impreza wrx
        1990 LX 5spd

Comment

Right, you still use Festiva control arms, which are slightly shorter in the area from the ball joint to where it fits into the knuckle. Like maybe 3/4" shorter IIRC.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

So the brand new control arms are sloppy at connection with hub? Makes lots of noise? Looks like the tip end of the ball joint is too small in diameter
            jdm impreza wrx
            1990 LX 5spd

Comment

dang dude...your swap is scaring me. get everything sorted out?
              Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

My left side is that way, the knucle is worn out. Try to tighten the pinch bolt really tight and see if that helps.
                Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

what happened to the original LCA's? the ones you got on ebay are wrong...and you're driving the car? Hoping that tightening that bolt enough will just have to do?
                  Walth

Comment

I initially used Aspire LCAs on the swap and the driveaxles immediately popped out enough to ruin the oil seals. Plus the front wheels were noticeably off plumb. New axle seals, retaining the Festy tie-rods (they are different from Aspire) and putting the Festy LCAs back on fixed all my problems.

Comment

I missed the fact that you started this swap over a year ago.

I just want to make sure, do you still need help with anything? Did you install aspire outer tie rod ends? Inner tie rods can stay from the festiva but outer tie rod ends have to be aspire.
                      Walth

Comment

Working...
                      X