Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this work?

Ok I posted a few questions awhile back about these coilovers:

I was sitting here thinking and possibly figured out a way to use these minus the springs. What I was thinking was using the coilover adjustable sleeves with stock festiva springs. Wouldn't that keep the spring ratio and ride quality but be able to lower it 1 to 3 inches? The only problem I see so far is the stock festy springs not fitting? There is a really good chance they will. What do you guys think? Is it worth a shot or what?
    89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
    My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

cant use the stock springs with the adjusters the diameter is way different. and those springs are gonna be way too stiff. plus if you are just looking for the adjuster sleeves get a set for an EK civic on ebay for $60. Dont spend 200 just for some sleves. then get on summit and search QA1 for some springs that will be much more comfortable.

Dan

Comment

I was just refering to these since I already have them. I didnt plan on using these springs either, I just wasnt sure if the festy springs were the same DIA. to fit these adjusters.
      89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
      My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

yea i just added some civic coilovers in my festiva from ebay, called air they fitted perfect and car looks and feels awesome. just bouncy and stiff feels better then the stock festiva ones tho. today imma install the back ones

Comment

Originally posted by 1993 festiva View Post
          feels awesome. just bouncy and stiff feels better then the stock festiva ones tho. today imma install the back ones
          WHat!? lol my kidneys bleed every time I drive the car. You will think different after installing the rears. Stock struts and shocks, even gr2's are way to weak for a 350-450lb spring. They are good and stiff for weight transfer but can be dangerous with hard bumps and cornering combined. They don't soak up bumps at all. r34king is right about getting just sleeves and getting proper length/rate springs. I want to try 250lb on the front of mine. Or just get the mkII/III coilover set with matched springs/struts.

Comment

Working...
          X