No announcement yet.

Twice the stopping power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you provide a writeup of sorts on installing the EGT M/C? I'm pretty interested in this, the festiva one is poop... Do you use the EGT booster as well?

Thanks in advance!

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Originally posted by big_ty2003 View Post
      Could you provide a writeup of sorts on installing the EGT M/C? I'm pretty interested in this, the festiva one is poop... Do you use the EGT booster as well?

Thanks in advance!
      After working on bobbyspider's bp swap I learned that anything bigger than the festiva booster will interfere with the clutch slave cylinder if you are swapping to a hydro clutch. I think his car had a booster from a egt. Maybe if an aspire one is larger than a festiva one and smaller than a egt one it would work. I feel no need for a larger booster right now. Or cars need more traction before that.

The festiva brake master cylinder is a 2 port- one line goes to the front circuit, one to the rear. The egt cylinder has 3 ports, one for each front wheel and one for the rear circuit. You will also need the proportioning valve with 3 in ports and 4 out ports. Since the egt has rear disc I figured it would not be balanced for a festiva with rear drums. I got my proportioning valve from a 323 that has a 3 port master cyl and rear drum brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxtiva View Post
        I'm sure he will need a turbo soon. You should find him one
        I know his car will be t-charged before too long.

Comment

Originally posted by resuwrecked View Post
          I know his car will be t-charged before too long.
          WooT wOOt.......another crazy mofo, terrorizing the streets, making ricers everywhere respect the festiva, bpt on the road.

Do it up Matt !!
          -Greg
          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09
          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

My car has a aspire booster on it. Dunno how it compares to the egt one but its bigger than the festy one.
            Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
              WooT wOOt.......another crazy mofo, terrorizing the streets, making ricers everywhere respect the festiva, bpt on the road.

Do it up Matt !!
              Oh yes the rice will fear the crazy 2 foot wing and the turbo.

Comment

Working...
              X