195/60-15?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 195/60-15?

How many of you have successfully fit them? Resuwrecked?

I'm asking because I have a pair of Firestone Winterforce tires in that size that a practically new. They came off my gf's old dodge shadow that we sold. I have listed them on craigslist and have not even gotten a nibble on them. So when I noticed resuwrecked is running this size in the front I figured I might just try them.

I was originally gonna grab some 14" steelies since I have a lead on some used Dunlop Graspics in 185/60-14 which I know will fit fine, but I'd rather run these since they are practically new.

Heres how the car sits with 195/50-15...

The 60 series is almost 2 inches taller I believe.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

I'm gonna say no way
    Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
    88? Parts car-sold
    91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
    86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
    1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

195/60s are big. I ran them on my CRX then my Accord LXi hatchback for a while, and once when I had them off I tried throwing them on the festiva just for fun. They wouldn't fit, at least not without a lot of scrubbing and modification.
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

tire size calculator

I tried to copy and paste the info on the tires. It would not hold the format when I copied it. Here is the link I used, it will let you compare any size tires for difference in size, width, etc. It even gives you the revs per mile.
        Jerry
        Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
        90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
        92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
        93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Originally posted by gorgonheimer View Post
          I'm gonna say no way
          C'mon now. Have you tried this size tire? Wha size tires do you have on YOUR car?

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
          195/60s are big. They wouldn't fit, at least not without a lot of scrubbing and modification.
          They are big, compared to 15512's. I have to measure the width and offset of my wheels for sure so you all can compare, but Im pretty sure they are 7.5 or 8" wide with zero offset. My front fenders are flared out and don't rub unless you are getting a lot of travel from offroading activities, which I put my car through and is just scrapes a little.

If you want big tires just flare the fenders, otherwise stick with the little guys. I'll be redoing the whole front end of my car real soon and will be playing with either some 215 60's or 205 65's that I have.

Comment

The only reason I want to use them is because I have them. Nobody seems to want them. They're practically new and they made the car they were on unstoppable last winter.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

I say no way and I have 195/45R15s on mine. they JUST BARELY fit, and I can make them rub at extreme lock or in hard cornering. See my thread here for photo evidence.
              Thirdman
              1992 White Festiva L - original owner
              1993 Green-ish Stinktiva™ L - totaled

Comment

My 195/50-15's dont rub at all. I'd say the wheel offset matters the most. My capri wheels are +44 I think.
                91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

i have 205/50.15 on stock Toyota Yaris steelies, and the rears rubbed on the whole fender lip, nothing a hammer and block of wood couldnt fix. the fronts clear perfectly.
                  Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                  93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                  91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                  93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                  15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                  88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                    The only reason I want to use them is because I have them. Nobody seems to want them. They're practically new and they made the car they were on unstoppable last winter.
                    Ill take them, How much with shipping to 21631.

Comment

I was hoping $100 for the pair plus shipping. Not sure how much that would be. They're around $150 new I think.
                      91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Yeah it might be easer for me to get them locally, since its a ways to ship. The winterforces are a very good studless snow tire and they look pretty bad A too. Even the smaller sizes look like little boggers. I worked at a tire shop years ago and set aside a set of 14's but never got around to buying them.

Comment

I cant imagine shipping being too bad on them, maybe $20? We'll see. If the shippings higher than that I'll cut you a better deal. I really just want the money for a set of 14" steelies, I have a lead on some used 185/60-14 graspics that probably wont be nearly as good as these tires but will definitely fit no problems.

And yes they are sweet winter tires, especially for their price. They are some of the cheapest winter tires you can get, yet one of the best rated.

And they CAN be studded if you want.
                          Last edited by bhazard; 10-11-2010, 08:19 PM.
                          91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Originally posted by resuwrecked View Post
                            C'mon now. Have you tried this size tire? Wha size tires do you have on YOUR car?
                            195-50-15 and they rub alot
                            Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
                            88? Parts car-sold
                            91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
                            86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
                            1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

Like I said its way more than just the tire...
                              91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Working...
                              X