Rims not on list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rims not on list

I found a set of stock Datsun 240Z steel rims off of a 71 240Z bolt pattern is 4 on 4.5 they are 14" and 6.5 inches wide does anyone know if these will fit my 91 festy and if so what tire size do you guys recommend for the least amount of modifications that I will need to make?
    thanks for any help on this
    The Flyin' Gumball

you should be able to run a 185/60/14 with thise rims (i believe you're refering to the 6 spoke design) i have a set and so does a friend of mine and that's what we run.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I think a 14 x 6.5" rim will need spacers, depending on the offset. Or, you could switch to Asipre rear struts, which have a higher spring perch, and will clear a 185/60x14 tire.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

They'll also clear the 195/45 R14, which is what I have on my car. I'm running 6.5" wheels from a Toyota Corolla.
        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Those wheels most likely have RWD offset (closer to 0) so spacers won't help. I had a 71 240z with 14x7 0-offset alloys. They may actually stick out too much and rub on the fender. If you end getting them get a tire that the diameter won't be larger than 3% compared to stock tires. The stock brakes don't like larger (and wider) tires.
          Oscar

Comment

195/45 R14's would stretch slightly on those rims, and are 7% shorter than the stock tire height.
            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Actually, only 1% shorter (21.13" overall diameter of 145/80/12 vs. 20.91" overall diameter of 195/45/14) so for all intents it's the same size. No problems there.
              Oscar

Comment

thanks for all the info I love this site
                The Flyin' Gumball

Comment

Originally posted by perucho View Post
                  Actually, only 1% shorter (21.13" overall diameter of 145/80/12 vs. 20.91" overall diameter of 195/45/14) so for all intents it's the same size. No problems there.
                  Oh yeah?! Well... Fine!

Comment

Originally posted by perucho View Post
                    Those wheels most likely have RWD offset (closer to 0) so spacers won't help. I had a 71 240z with 14x7 0-offset alloys. They may actually stick out too much and rub on the fender. If you end getting them get a tire that the diameter won't be larger than 3% compared to stock tires. The stock brakes don't like larger (and wider) tires.
                    Oh right, didn't notice that 240Zs are RWD.
                    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                    X