Wheel color suggestion ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel color suggestion ?

Hey all I am putting 13s on my 91GL and since I can't currently find a cheap set of aluminum wheels with the stock Festy pattern I am going to use the steelies from my swap car 88 323 so what I am trying to do is make them look like the old school gm rallies(rwd Cutlass) with the chrome beauty rings and center caps my question is this. My car is white with painted bumpers so should I go with white for the wheels? Or should I paint them something that is in contrast to white and if so what color would look good? Any input would be great to help me decide thanks
    Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

Gloss Black with chrome trim rings!
    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

I thought of that or maybe bronze or gun metal gray I am having a hard time deciding since I have to use the steelies I want them to look decent I am sort of on the fence about the wheel color maybe I will dig through my paint and try a few different colors
      Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
        Gloss Black with chrome trim rings!
        +1
        91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
        14 C7 Z51

Comment

Here is a pic of what metallic silver with trim rings looks like. I almost went with black but went for the silver instead.
          '90 LX

Comment

the rings will stand out more with gunmetal or black. Bronze might look awesome too.
            89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
            94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
            2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
            1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Yeah that's what I was thinking now I just have to see if the center caps off of the Festy will work if not I have the ones off of the Mazda but they are plastic and I think that the chrome Festy ones would look better if they will work

Comment

Gunmetal gets my vote.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Does anyone know if the festy center caps will work I would try one but my swap car is at my parents house which is an hour away

Comment

I vote for a medium/dark silver like graphite or gunmetal. IMO, the lighter, brighter silvers look too much like "redneck chrome". I think the ultimate would be the Anthracite color that Ford painted the Bullitt wheels on the New Edge Mustangs. It looks like a medium silver, but when the light hits it just right, it gives off a slight bronze tint. I don't know if you can buy it over-the-counter or not.

My suggestion would be to go to any local McParts store and look through the cans of Dupli-color Exact Match body colors. There are many similar colors that were available on some Hondas, Toyotas, Chryslers, etc.. Even Ford had a Mineral Grey or Titainium Frost that was pretty cool. You should be able to find something that catches your eye and would set it apart from the "rally silver" crowd. Plus, it will be good quality paint. Finish it off with several coats of clear made just for wheels.
                    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

black
                      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

I'd go with black, but a dark grey could work well, too.

Karl
                        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                        X