New festy owner!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New festy owner!!!

whats up guys! i just recently got a 90L 5 speed, stock all the way around! did some tuning up (NGK spark plugs,wires,oil change, fuel filter, valve cover gasket). I really want to add some rims to it but im not sure if they will fit, they are 205/60/15, what do u guys think?

I can't answer your question on rims but welcome & congrats on the new Festy
    Send An Invite If Ya Want

1991 Ford Festiva GL- Auto

Comment

Boston, 205/60/15 is pretty big, but will fit if lifted, or fenders rolled.
      Most here use 185-195/45/15 to get 'em under the fenders. What wheel offset do the rims have?
      I would get heavier struts/springs too, so on bumps/dips, the tires dont hit the fenders. You can use Aspire springs/struts. 2000-2002 Kia rio struts fit too, but usually need 1-2 coils cut to keep it from being to high. If to high, it will cause excessive wear on the axles. The springs on the Rio's are very stiff.

Welcome to the site and good luck. Please add your location to your profile, as their are members who may be close to you and can help!

BTW, use the search function and there is a ton of info about this here on the site.
      Last edited by drddan; 11-03-2010, 01:43 PM.
      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Resuwrecked has that size under his Festy. Search his posts.

...and welcome to the site.
        Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
        '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
        '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

thanks guys for the info, i will definately update my profile location!!

Comment

Oh..yeah, the Kia Rio struts only work in the front. Forgot to mention that.
            Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
            Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
            Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
            http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

just FYI: putting a tire that large is really gonna throw off your speedo and MPG figures, plus you'll loose acceleration as well. i would stick with 195/50/15 or smaller if you can manage it.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Also bear in mind that Festy brakes are designed for a lightweight car with light wheels and tires, and most went to countries (as Mazda 121s where speeds are relatively low. Putting heavy wheels/tires on will increase stopping distance. IMO the best all-around upgrade solution is a 13" aluminum wheel with a good 175/70 tire.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                X