Help...Changing to 13" Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help...Changing to 13" Wheels

According to my bolt pattern cross reference, a Hyundai Accent 1995-99 has 13X5 wheels with a pattern of 4X114.3...has anyone used Accent wheels before? Any backspace/offset issues I should be aware of? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Todd
    1988 Ford Festiva L w/5 speed & Weber 32/36 upgrade
    1998 Isuzu Trooper 4X4
    2005 Ford F-150 XLT Super Cab
    1980 Kawasaki KZ1000 - B4 LTD w/Mikuni VM29s, Dyna S Ignition, Kerker 4-Into-1 Header & Vetter Fairing & Trunk
    1981 Kawasaki KZ1000 - M CSR Stock w/Vetter Fairing
    1981 Yamaha XJ550 - H Maxim

The offset should be the same, the thing I'd be more concerned about is the centerbore. If its smaller on the Accent wheels than the Festia wheels then it won't mount right, and if you keep cranking down on the bolts they will either snap of crack the wheel. A buddy of mine did that once trying to put some protege steelies on a Civic
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

A Mazada 323 year? (early 90's) fits like a glove. I spend Almost a whole day looking for steel rims for my sister's festiva. You can find many similar bolt paterns,but the center bore of rims is too small or too big. Although festivas are light, I didn't want the studs to support weight of the car all the time.
      1993 GL

Comment

If you get them from a 323 make sure it is earlier than 1990. The 90+ models have a 4x100 bolt pattern and will not fit the Festiva factory bolt pattern.
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Accent center bore will not work on a festy. I have a accent and tried the wheels and they do not fit properly.
          89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
          My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Suzuki Swift is perfect fit....center bore and all.
            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            There ain't no rest for the wicked
            until we close our eyes for good.
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
              Suzuki Swift is perfect fit....center bore and all.
              And of course Geo/Chevy Metro.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

If going with metro/swift wheels buy a extra set. They must be made out of pot metal! Or the tire/rim gods are angered by my presence.. haven't decided which!
                91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Originally posted by 91_festy_Gl View Post
                  Accent center bore will not work on a festy. I have a accent and tried the wheels and they do not fit properly.

Is the center bore too small?

According to this,

http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-r...5&StudSpreadMM=

the Accent center bore should be more than big enough.

I'm running early 1960's Ford Falcon 13" wheels on mine. Along with having a set of 13" Nissan wheels with winter tires.

My '89 Festy has aftermarket chrome modulars that were on the car when I bought it.

These all have a larger center bore and both cars have Gorilla screw in wheel studs with acorn style chrome lugnuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Festival View Post
                    A Mazada 323 year? (early 90's) fits like a glove. I spend Almost a whole day looking for steel rims for my sister's festiva. You can find many similar bolt paterns,but the center bore of rims is too small or too big. Although festivas are light, I didn't want the studs to support weight of the car all the time.
                    As long as lugs are conical at the point that contacts the wheel, the wheels don't rely on the hub to center them nor do they support the weight of the car. It is a common misconception to think that wheels are hub centric particularly since many retailers supply the proper spacers that make them seem hub centric. As long as the hub is smaller than the wheel hole the wheels should work.

Clearance, offset, and the resulting scrub angle are another thing.
                    Last edited by Mal; 11-30-2010, 07:05 PM.

Comment

88 and older mercury tracer will work also.. i bought a set of konigs that were off a mercury tracer listed on ebay for 70$ shipped.. kid selling them had no clue of its lug patern or fitment. Worked out great for my white fester..
                      Last edited by takeone51; 12-01-2010, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X