center bore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• center bore

What is the center bore on a stock festy?

I poked around, but I couldn't find it.
    Mon arme a moi, c'est un stylo.

wheel bore? Engine cylinder bore? Brake Wheel Cylinder Bore? Brake Master Cylinder Bore?
    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Camshaft bore? Crankshaft bore? Lots 'o bores on an engine.
      Guess its all boring!
      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Well, we're in Custom suspension, brakes and wheels, so the natural assumption is center wheel bore.

Also I'm french, so "I farte ihn yowr general dircechion!"

The reason i'm asking, is that i may have a line on some decent looking 15" dial +40 offset 4X114.3 wheels. They came off a accord / prelude (or so the seller claims) This should be 4X100, but he clearly states the wheels are 114.3's hence why the rock bottom price.

Just worried about the center bore.

Comment

If they're off an accord or prelude then they most likely are 4x114. Also, honda's center bore is a bit bigger than the festy so they will fit as far as that goes
          "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Sweet, Thanks lanemeyer14!

from the sounds of it, he tried to put them on his new honda (4X100) with no success.

Comment

Originally posted by Kofkof_00 View Post
              Sweet, Thanks lanemeyer14!

from the sounds of it, he tried to put them on his new honda (4X100) with no success.
              Haha, some people don't do any kind of research before just buying stuff and trying to put it on. Oh well, his loss!

Edit: I also remember reading that the miata has one of the smallest center bores at 54.1 and miata wheels fit perfectly on aspire swapped festies. I'm thinking the festy probably has the same 54.1 center bore. Just read that a lot of preludes/civics/hondas center bore is 56.1
              Last edited by lanemeyer14; 11-09-2010, 10:25 PM.
              "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

.... BUT, you'll have to run spacers as the offset on those honduh rims is IIRC 48mm. they'll hit your rear struts.
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
                  I'm thinking the festy probably has the same 54.1 center bore. Just read that a lot of preludes/civics/hondas center bore is 56.1
                  The Honda Prelude rims I just got have a 56.1mm center bore and 45mm offset (I'm already pricing spacers).

They're off of an '86 and have a 4x100 bolt pattern.

Festivas do have a 54.1mm center bore.
                  Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                  '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                  '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

I used Toyota Corolla wheels on mine, and after an Aspire swap, they fit exactly over the hubs. I would have had to use spacers had I not used the Aspire struts and rear springs, but with the weight of two full size people in the back of the car, it sits level and responds well, with no rubbing. Only bad thing is, it's a bit rough over railroad tracks.

And loaded down with groceries...

Last edited by DriverOne; 11-10-2010, 12:02 AM.
                    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Whoa, those are nice!

(I like your steering wheel btw)

Comment

those are off of a corolla?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

1994, yes. Regionally available. Sorry if I hacked the thread... Just trying to show the Aspire struts remove need for spacers (depending on offset). Thanks, KofKof. It's a Grant Challenger. Wheel and mounting hub $40-$50.
                          Last edited by DriverOne; 11-14-2010, 04:41 PM.
                          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
                          X