need wheel help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need wheel help!

alright, i know i don't post very often...sorry for not being as active as some of the other guys.
    i remember someone had mention a brand/model wheel that was a 13'' that mated up to both the aspires, and the festies (had both bolt patterns). does anyone on here remember which maker and model that was? then i'd at least be able to swap my front brakes out for the aspire units while i hunt down the rear axle/brake parts. any info along these lines would be appreciated!

Its the KONIG THEORY wheel like the one shown here. Festiva Motorsport carrys them.

Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

thanks a bunch! I KNEW they were out there, i just couldn't remember what they were called. that helps, and i am going to write it down, as well as send an email to FMS requesting info. my trans is crapping out (this is the 2nd trans the car has had, it needed one when i bought it), so i am off to get a replacement unit tomorrow. hopefully it will be better than the previous unit i installed. those 13'' wheels will be a nice upgrade in a paycheck or two!

Comment

oh yeah, i forgot... anyone know what a good tire size to run on these be? stock festy body, no flares or anything like that. also stock ride height at this time too.

Comment

Sometimes it is better to call FMS, usually between 3-5 EST seems to work best.
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

oh yeah...sorry about putting this in the general chat area. i figured that it wouldn't really fall under the custom section, as it's merely wheels.... my bad. thanks for all the replies though... the info will definitely come in handy.

Comment

The best tire sizes would be:

175/60-13 will give you stock ride height
              185/60-13 will give you slight speedo error (indicates slower)
              165/70-13 should give better fuel economy but give more speedo error because they're the tallest of the three sizes

Falkens come in the first two sizes. I got some Hercules in the last size, but I have the skinny Aspire alloys and I plan on putting in an Aspire ATX, which will eliminate most speedo error.

I think most folks go for the 175/60-13s.

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
              X