4 1/2 Jx13 rims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 1/2 Jx13 rims?

Wanting to know if these will fit my festiva? Found them on craigslist for $60 with new tires on them, they are four lug wheels and the rim is 13 inches, but will the lug pattern fit? i tried looking online and cant find anything. Some help would be great guys. Thanks

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
    91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Those will fit and even if the tires are not the right size I would buy them that's a good deal

Comment

yeah the tires are 165/80/13 so they will definitely fit. they are ugly tan/brown steel wheels that i am going to paint black. i convinced my buddy to get a festiva so him and me are gonna black out both of ours and make festiva racing stickers for the back. Thanks for replying so quickly. gonna buy them tomorrow, nearly brand new tires on them

Comment

Those are pretty tall tires. You might need aspire suspension to keep from rubbing.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Yes, 165/80-13 tires are quite tall. They may rub, may not. They would be approximately 8mm taller than 155/80s, which are pretty tall.

However, I see nothing in any posts which specify bolt pattern. How do you know they'll fit? If they are 4 X 114.3, then they'll fit a stock Festiva. If they are 4 X 100mm they will fit an Aspire or Aspire swapped Festiva. If they are something else, they probably won't fit.

After the bolt pattern, you should know two other things:

Offset: how far out the wheel sits on the hub (simply stated)

Centerbore size: the size of the hole in the center of the wheel

Either one of the above could prevent the wheel from fitting well, or fitting at all.

NEED MORE INFO. If you can't find the exact wheel specs, at least know what year and model car it came off of.

Failing all of the above, ask the seller if he'll let you fit them onto your car before you buy. Make sure you turn the steering wheel all the way both sides and see about clearing the strut perch in the rear. Take suspension travel into account, plus the loads you plan to carry. The more people and heavier loads you plan for, the less likely 165/80-13 tires will work without rubbing.

If the above info and testing is "no go," I would pass this deal up. Look instead for a set of Metro 13" wheels from a 'yard or another seller. Keep tire size below 155/80 or 175/70 on a 13" rim.

Karl
          Last edited by Safety Guy; 12-09-2010, 06:47 AM.
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

165/80R13s WILL rub the rears on stock suspension, at least with the Aspire swap (brakes only, not suspsension) I had to run the old wheels/tires off my Diahatsu on the back of a swapped festiva till I could get some new tires for it and they are quite tall. But Karl's advice is dead on the money. I'm guessing the offset would not be much of a problem since most cars that would run a 4 1/2" 13 would probably be FWD (higher offest). The bolt pattern and centerbore will be the main thing. And IF you do test fit them and the centerbore isn't exactly as wide or wider than the center of the hub, DO NOT try to bolt it down tight, it will damage the wheels!
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

just looked back at them and i guess they are 155's not 165 so it is the same as stock isnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by devon527 View Post
                just looked back at them and i guess they are 155's not 165 so it is the same as stock isnt it?
                No, OEM on steel wheels were 145-80-12
                On Alloys OEM were 165-70-12
                '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                '92 Aqua parts Car
                '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                Your holy ghost will not save you.
                Your God plutonium will not save you.
                In fact...
                ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

All U.S. Festivas had stock 12" wheels.

You were talking about 13" wheels. If they are 155/80-13s then that is a better size, but they still could rub.

You need to confirm wheel fitment first:

-bolt pattern needs to be 4 X 114.3

-centerbore needs to fit

-offset should be around 35 to 45 mm (positive offset for FWD)

It's best to know what the wheels came off of so you can look it up.

Karl
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

The guy just says they came off a old honda he thinks. I am pretty smart when it comes to working on cars so i know quite a bit, but just couldnt figure out if these would fit. I will try them on my car before i buy them of course

Comment

old honda is most likely the 4x100, so if they are steel and not some old school pattern id pass on em.
                      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

I think i am going to pass on them... turns out they arent in the best condition anyways, lots of rust and tires have a weird camber wear so i'll save my money. Thanks for all the input guys

Comment

Working...
                        X