Wheel Weights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Weights

Ok I know the Honda VX wheel is the wheel to beat in weight. I have HX rims that I was going to use, but they need cleaned up and I am getting lazy, money spent on nice new rims sounds pretty good.

So the HX rims weigh in at 11 pounds each. The MB Five-X rims weigh in their box 16. So remove the box and packing and save a little.

Should I just stick with the lighter wheels? I do like the 5 spoke wheels better than the VX/HX look.
    Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Let me have the HX wheels
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
      let me have the hx wheels
      lol.
      Rodney

Comment

Also consider what the tire width is you'll want to run. Aren't the HXs 5" wide? What are the MBs? If you want to run anything over 175s I'd go wider than 5", but some folks run wider tires on rims than I like.

For example, no way would I run 195/45 Proxes on HX rims if they're only 5" wide.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

185 60 14 is what I have been looking at.

the MB's are 5.5 wide.
          Rodney

Comment

I'd find out what the MBs weigh each before you make your decision. However, I'd be a lot more comfortable putting 185/60s on the 5.5" wide wheels than the HXs.

If you want max mpgs with lower rolling resistance, consider the Bridgestone 165/65-14s on the HXs:

Reifen für PKWs und Transporter extrem günstig. Wir bieten Ihnen Autoreifen äußerst vorteilhaft! Klitzekleine Preise, versandkostenfreie Lieferung schon ab 2 Reifen, günstiger Montageservice für Reifen fast überall in der Schweiz, unkomplizierte Bestellung, flexible Zahlungsabwicklung, sehr große Auswahl

They're getting a bit pricey now, but sometimes there are sales on Bridgestone sets. Also look at those Blizzaks in the same size; really tempting for winter!

But...here are 165/60-14s:

Reifen für PKWs und Transporter extrem günstig. Wir bieten Ihnen Autoreifen äußerst vorteilhaft! Klitzekleine Preise, versandkostenfreie Lieferung schon ab 2 Reifen, günstiger Montageservice für Reifen fast überall in der Schweiz, unkomplizierte Bestellung, flexible Zahlungsabwicklung, sehr große Auswahl

There is even a 165/55-14! Not sure I'd go with that low pro in a 165.

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
            X