No announcement yet.

Will It work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure what's in the shopping cart for Summit Racing, but the other two links look fine to me. I'd recommend going a little beefier than the Festiva GR-2's if you're into racing or autocross though... there's information up on these forums for those options - none of which is a direct bolt-on.
    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
      I'm not sure what's in the shopping cart for Summit Racing, but the other two links look fine to me. I'd recommend going a little beefier than the Festiva GR-2's if you're into racing or autocross though... there's information up on these forums for those options - none of which is a direct bolt-on.
      haha sorry I fixed it, will it bolt on if im going with what I have?

Comment

that looks like it should work fine... i have a kit close to that on my car... only alot stiffer springs and in red

(im not saying it WILL 100% for sure, but i done see any reason why it wouldnt....)

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

haha kk thanks man, why is it better to have stiffer or softer springs?

Comment

stiffer=better handling

softer= smoother ride

Larger wheels, and wider tires will help both of these
            -Greg
            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
            Redneck Engineer
            FOTY - '09
            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

I've got really stiff springs in my car and they are good on smooth tracks but not fun on bumps! And its my dd look at the video on youtube "parking lot racing white festiva" this is my car and the bumps gave me whiplash.... literally! Not fun

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
              1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
              R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
              00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
              03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
              pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
              Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
              Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

Originally posted by 1988festivazoom View Post
                I've got really stiff springs in my car and they are good on smooth tracks but not fun on bumps! And its my dd look at the video on youtube "parking lot racing white festiva" this is my car and the bumps gave me whiplash.... literally! Not fun
                hahaha yeah that was a sick video.why, how much lbs were those springs?

Comment

wow... i thought my car was bad...lol... and stiffer isnt always better... some degree of flex is needed to keep maximum handling...
                  I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

I wanna say they are 300 fronts and like 250 in back...... and they kill my back! I've since put in a 4000 watt syste. So the weight in the back helps a lot! And I'm running gr-2 struts. in that video I was running 205-60-14 bfg drags in the front and stock 12's in the rear so that's partly why the rear hopped so bad lol

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
                    1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
                    R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
                    00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
                    03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
                    pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
                    Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
                    Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

do you think 150 in front and back is good?

Comment

I have 175 front 150 rear 8" springs with coilover sleeves/collars on KYB GR-2's. Handling is great... very smooth, comfortable, but performance driven. I'm just updating my build thread right now with how slammed it is... check back there in like 10 minutes. I also have a few other suspension mods, but the shocks and springs are the big part of that performance haha.
                        1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Working...
                        X