No announcement yet.

stronger inner tie rod ends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

depending on the area and how good u r at searching, i have always been lucky to find capris in rough shape.i had two extra ones, i had to sell to make room.when i get back ill be looking around for parts cars to help out members.i was selling lots of b6t parts back in the day..i also like to keep extras so when something goes bad u dont have to be rushing it...it saves money and time when buying things u dont need.
    06 vw Bora
    09 Nissan Versa
    fastest B6T is back!!!
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/785928

Comment

yeah i hear that! i found a capri turbo tranny for 75$ at pick a part..... does it have the same mounts as the f series 323 trannys do? bc i have a modded xmember for the 323 trans already and dont wanna go throught that again.

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
      1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
      R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
      00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
      03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
      pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
      Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
      Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

the new lifetime warranty inner tie rods look alot beefier that the ones that came out of it... and for those who dont know(cause whoever put the inner tie rods in the rack i put in my car didnt) if you dont hammer down that lil pin the inner tie rods back out of the rack... i was 4 threads from having my right inner tie rod fall out of my steering rack...
        I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

that would have been a bad time! "if u french fry when your supposed to pizza, your gunna have a bad time"

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
          1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
          R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
          00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
          03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
          pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
          Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
          Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

Ah, I hope I tapped my pins down hard enough!

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by 1988festivazoom View Post
              that would have been a bad time! "if u french fry when your supposed to pizza, your gunna have a bad time"
              awesome!!!!

also after everything was installed and aligned the steering effort has gone up quite a bit... is this normal? i lookedat the alignment print out and everything is green and the, steering wheel is straight, and my car goes straight down the road. it just seems harder to turn the steering wheel.
              I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

sometimes a few new parts that are nice and tight will change the whole dynamic. especially with a manual rack.
                Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Working...
                X