Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire Front and Rear swap Pros/cons?

Hey guys,

Well its time to start to rebuild the front suspension (want everything new), and it made me wonder if i should just go to the aspire swap since i plan on spending some money on it, only problem is I see A LOT of people are having trouble getting the swap done right the first time,

Is the swap REALLY worth it? Im doing OKAY with the festy brakes but bigger is better here. Thats all I would want the swap for. especially since i plan to work the brakes harder than engineered for.

Also what is the advantage to swaping the rear? Matching the bolt pattern to the front?

My plan is to set the car up for mountain (touge) racing just to surprise people (worry about the motor swap when i get there, lol), as it is I can take the turns pretty well in the stock BADLY worn suspension. My buddy thinks I can hang with stock civic hatchbacks and maybe stock sloppy nissan 240sx drivers with my beat up suspension, with better parts i think it will start making people turn heads.

Assuming I go for the swap with aspire performance mods and not just going with new/performance festy parts, what would i need? from what i understand the parts needed are...

Aspire parts needed for front???
    Outter tie rods
    lower control arms
    calipers/rotors/brackets/bearings
    struts/springs
    spindles
    wheels or anything at least 13" 100mmx4?
    What about axles?
    sway bar?

But what is everyone talking about with the messed up alignment? would camber plates fix that (doesnt FMS sell them?) or do i also need camber bolts? Are the camber bolts just a cheap fix and the camber plate the right way?

Thanks guys,
    I think thats it for now....lol

the alignment goes out of spec if you use the FMS lowering springs. If keeping the stock ride hieght, you won't need to do anything special. Use the Festy front springs for stock hieght and rate, Use the Aspire springs minus one coil for stock hieght with a high rate.
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

theres a lot of info written up already covering many of your questions. just in case you dont want to wait to get your answers. not trying to be that guy, but it really is worth your time to search b/c a lot of it is already on this forum.

here is a good link in the mean time...

Comment

dude, this thread is almost 3 years old...
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
          dude, this thread is almost 3 years old...
          I think this is the 3rd thread that he's brought back from the dead.
          Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
          99 Dodge Caravan SE
          95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
          94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
          78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
          78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
          03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
          95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
          95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
          95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

what a grave digger
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Well, it is getting near HALLOWEEN, right?

BOO!

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
              X