I have a question about rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question about rims

I am looking to buy a set or rims for me lil festiva. i am looking at a 13 inch rim with 175/50/13. and as offset, what would be a good start? i may auto x this summer

who make small rims now adays. they should be cheaper correct?

i was looking for a old school mesh style 13x 5 i think, or what ever i can get, as i am keeping the stock bolt pattern for now.

thanks guys
    B6 with lightweight Flywheel, FMS street cam
    Holy heck gee willickers its fast!!drool

Try to find a set of the spoke rims from like an '86 (not sure of the year) Hyundai Excel. They made some that are the "BBS" cast spoke style you're looking for and are an exact fit.
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

sounds great!! thanks,

whats an aggressive offset i can use, with out rolling fenders?
      B6 with lightweight Flywheel, FMS street cam
      Holy heck gee willickers its fast!!drool

Comment

I would guess you should look for offsets from around 35mm to 42mm. Festiva rims are 45mm offset, but they're either 4 or 4.5" wide.

I ran 13 X 5.5" VW alloys on one car with 38mm offset and they worked well with 165/70s.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Offset matters but, as was stated in an earlier post, width of the wheel will matter as well. You can install the exact same offset with a wider wheel and run into trouble. Tire size will make a difference as well.

With that said, there are wheels that will work and wheels that won't. But there are also wheels that will work, but only with the right tires. This doesn't specifically answer your question.

I drove a 1994 Toyota Previa that I installed '06 Mustang wheels on. The offset was the same but the wheel was 1" taller than what was on it. I put some nice 16" tires on the Mustangs and had no trouble with them unless I hit a hard dip. They cleared wheel houses and struts but would rub the quarters in the hard squat. Narrower tires might have done the job without problems but I didn't sweat it. Stiffer springs might have been nice too.

Don't limit yourself to what Tirerack.com or any other site will suggest.

I believe there was a thread that covered the different wheels that would work Festy wise. I hope you find what you like, nice wheels make the car.
          1992 Flamestiva with matching Festrailer
          1994 Mercury Capri XR2 turbo
          1992 Aerostar "Hot Wheels" custom
          FoMoCo toy car collector for 20 years

Comment

Working...
          X