smart for two tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smart for two tires

Ok I know some of you guys want to run 15s but I know their is problems with the tires rubbing. And I think I found something that might fix that but I might be wrong. I was walking by a smart for two and I was curious about it so I was looking over it and noticed the tires. I dont quite remember the front size but I know the rear is 155/55/15 which would probably fit and still offer good traction.

Wouldn't that make for a really stretched 15" tire? Don't smart cars have like 4" wide rims?

Comment

no they're 15x5, so putting them on 15x6.5 would look good i think.

that's on a 7" wide rim.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
        no they're 15x5, so putting them on 15x6.5 would look good i think.

that's on a 7" wide rim.
        What's a good size (readily available) tire to get a similar stretch on a 14x6.5 wheel?
        "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

165/60/14 on onlinetires.com
          http://www.onlinetires.com/products/...1+75h+bsw.html
          Last edited by FestYboy; 01-26-2011, 05:33 PM.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
            165/60/14 on onlinetires.com
            Sweet, thanks Arty!
            "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Arty, in your experience what does stretching a tire like that do to longevity and performance? Pros/Cons?

Comment

provided the stretch is under 1.5" wider than the section width (citing the more common tire sizes) i havn't seen any adverse affects to wear or longevity provided the tires are cared for and car is in alignment. actually, this trend was started in the late 60s SCCA and CANAM racing where there was a tire width restriction. to help aleviate sidewall flex in turns and promote better tire control, teams would use very wide rims as compared to section width and this resulted in much less tire squirm.

Comment

Than the vw crowd got ahold of it... I do like the look but dont think ever seen it done on a festiva.

Comment

A Flushtiva? Please don't.

1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

By far, my favorite Xtranormal video ever.
                      Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                      1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                      2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                      2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                      X