No announcement yet.

lowering shock top hats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ festy freak: i dont think those would work. the festy has that spring perch that rotates in the inner cup. to make them deeper you would have to also extend that piece as well. with the stock plastic "bearing" installed i have about 1/16" clearance between the outer cup and the spring perch.

@ crazy frog: the spring perch i mentioned above will not fit through the outer cup so even if it did break you would still be able to maintain control of the vehicle and not slam to the ground. the worse it would do is increase steering effort if it snapped...ive been intentionally hitting big bumps to try to abuse these as much as possible to make sure they hold up to the abuse i put things through
    I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaB6TG25MR View Post
      @ festy freak: i dont think those would work. the festy has that spring perch that rotates in the inner cup. to make them deeper you would have to also extend that piece as well. with the stock plastic "bearing" installed i have about 1/16" clearance between the outer cup and the spring perch.

@ crazy frog: the spring perch i mentioned above will not fit through the outer cup so even if it did break you would still be able to maintain control of the vehicle and not slam to the ground. the worse it would do is increase steering effort if it snapped...ive been intentionally hitting big bumps to try to abuse these as much as possible to make sure they hold up to the abuse i put things through
      hmm i see were your comming from, wouldnt the shock piston itself just rotate? im going to have to look at a stock shock mount in detail to see what your talking about.

Comment

yes the shock piston will rotate...but the spring wont

Comment

hmm im sure there is a way to make them work, somehow with a set of ground controls.

Comment

Alignment is still ok?
            1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
            1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
            1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
            1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
            1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
            1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
            1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

i got an alignment the next day. the camber was a little off

Comment

Working...
              X