The wheel list sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The wheel list sucks

And I want to replace it. 12"s are getting harder to find. We need 2 clean lists.

Festiva bolt pattern wheel options.

Aspire bolt pattern wheel option.
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

If someone can clarify the lists, they will be placed into the FFAQ once I get on the ball.
    89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
    My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Here are 2 wheels I KNOW fit the festiva bolt pattern

1988-89 Mercury Tracer wheels that look like this

? -1980 - ? Toyota corolla steel wheels fit.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Who can help with info? I need 2 sets of 13" steelies. I need to get them local as shipping makes it impractical.

Comment

The 1981-1985 mazda rx-7 14" wheels fit our festivas too and the 13" ones fit the aspires.

EDIT- getting confused here. our festivas are 4.5" bolt pattern right? Festivas are 4x114 and aspires are 4x100 correct?
          Last edited by 91_festy_Gl; 02-25-2011, 12:39 PM.

Comment

88-89 323's are festiva bolt pattern

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

You might want to search 4X114,3 on ebay....

Aspires are 4x100.

Comment

Originally posted by 91_festy_Gl View Post
                The 1981-1985 mazda rx-7 14" wheels fit our festivas too and the 13" ones fit the aspires.
                Just my humble opinion and some physics too, any wheel designed for rear wheel drive vehicles is not what you would want to run on a daily basis. The extreme outward offset results in way too much scrub (steering center-line [kingpin] to tire center-line) in addition to imposing heavier loads on the wheel bearings. I'd say keep a separate category for RWD wheels that might bolt on to either Festy or Aspire..

Comment

^Good call. I never even thought about that. Well I guess i will scrap the idea of rx-7 wheels on my festy.

Comment

Doing it backwards works for me when you own a more unpopular car. Search for what fits an rx-7 and youll get hits that way. This is also true on the offset, but a medium on the bmw wheels seems to do ok 4x100 circa 1980's. Not all RWD have ford and chevy truck/musclecar offsets and backspacing either. My merkur xr4ti is RWD and using FWD wheels on it does not tuck in hardly at all.

this ones hard to read so just control+F type in 114 and squint LOL

2nd Generation Specific (1986-1992) - What wheel fits what car:.Bolt Pattern/ LIST! - I found this list while looking for Wheel bolt patterns,I Think it may come in Handy. http://www.automotiveforums.com/t952572-wheel_bolt_pattern_list___if_you_need_to_upgrade_from_12_quot__wheels_etc_.html Cheers STYX. ( I hope that...
                    Last edited by getnpsi; 02-25-2011, 12:59 PM.
                    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by 91_festy_Gl View Post

EDIT- getting confused here. our festivas are 4.5" bolt pattern right? Festivas are 4x114 and aspires are 4x100 correct?
                      The 13s won't fit the Aspires. They are 4x110.
                      Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                      1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                      2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                      2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisofna View Post
                        The 13s won't fit the Aspires. They are 4x110.

Sorry for that miss information. I figured that since the festy doesnt weigh nearly as much as the old rx7's that the RWD diffrence wouldnt make that big of a deal.

Comment

According to my friend who owns a 1st gen RX7 they use more of a FWD offset so those wheels should work on a Festiva with you got the GSL-SE wheels (They are 4x114). Any other are 13s and 4x110.
                          Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                          1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                          2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                          2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

^

will the 13" metro wheel work? tks
                            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

If the list gets reworked, maybe we could also show pics of the oem rims along with their source info.

Just a thought
                              (paperboy 23) 88 Festy Blue, aspire Engine/trans/efi swap,

Comment

Working...
                              X