Supra MKii Rims on my festi!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supra MKii Rims on my festi!

I think I am going to be buying some MKii rims to put on my festiva this week. They are bronze and should fit well but I want to know how I can make my suspension much stiffer so that my car will no bottom out on them. Im flaring the fenders and cutting the fenders up about an inch so that it gives me more travel room. Any suggestions with a newer suspension would be greatly appreciated.
    Ps. I also have some Chrome 13'' Dayton rims that will go on during nice summer days hahah

they have a decent offset. should be interesting.

Comment

neanderpaul put a set on one of his Festivas at one point, he had a heck of a time fitting them.
      Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
      1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
      2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
      2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

yea i think i will have to install my fender flares but i need to find some good 50 series tires hahaha they have 215 60 14 on them now haha and they fill the whole wheel well if my fenders were rolled i would be set haha

Comment

Here is a pic of the festi with some mkii rims haha

Comment

Those look HUGE! haha

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
            91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

need some 165/60/14s on those give ti the stretched look and you'll be able to lower it without rubbing too bad.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

yea im alittle worried about stretching them tooo much and im gonna flare my fenders so im gonna drop it low after they are all on. I just wonder if i can get some 50 or 55 series with 165 and not have to worry about them blowing out on me

Comment

I need to find a way to fit 215's...and be able to turn.
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost
                  13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

i need to but tires for them hahah they have 215's on them now and i rub like crazy hahaha Does anyone know if i can put 185 55 14's on the 7 inch wide rims? hahaha

Comment

yes, you can without issues.
                      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Get some Aspire struts , new or JY, for the front and rear. Will raise it and be stiffer. 2000-2002 Kia Rio struts in front will be even stiffer, but you will have to cut at least one coil from the Rio springs to sit right. Rio struts will raise it 2+ inches without cutting the springs. Stock Aspire 1+ inches. My sig pic has Aspire struts and 195/60/14 tires and +20 offset rims, so they stick out past the fenders.
                        I will be putting the Rio fronts on this spring. Big dips/potholes, my tires still rub now and then.

Last edited by drddan; 03-10-2011, 07:06 PM.
                        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Are these the rims?

Comment

Originally posted by decoder View Post
                            Here is a pic of the festi with some mkii rims haha
                            i love those wheels on that car! old school wheels are sexy! i have some old school datsun 510 wheels but havnt put them on yet i need to get some wheel studs and mag lugs (arty help me figure that out) and some tires with a mild stretch to get them to fit because of the offset but moneys been really tight for me . i was lucky enough that arty let me borrow a set of stockys with tires to get me through inspection. thanks arty
                            -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                            -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Aspire my rims are a little different and they have a fresh bronze coat on them, i just saw the thread for a vw MK2 and MK3 coilover install and im wondering if they will be stiff enough so that i can keep my supra rims on it and maybe with my flares i can tuck the rims in. The stretched tires should help me with height i may just go with 185 60 14's they are only 200 for 4!

Comment

Working...
                              X