Aspire brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire brakes

hi i was wondering how much should i pay for the whole braking system. I have a guy that says he'll sell it to me for 300 and the both calipers are new and he said for an extra 50 hell take everything off. Is this a good deal or am i getting gibbed?
    -1992 Mazda Mx-3 V6 5spd Sold
    -1989 Toyota Supra turbo 5spd Sold
    -1989 Ford Festiva 4spd - current ride

"I ride to fast to live, but live to fast to ride."

Should be able to get a better deal than that IMHO
    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

how much do they normally go for?
      -1992 Mazda Mx-3 V6 5spd Sold
      -1989 Toyota Supra turbo 5spd Sold
      -1989 Ford Festiva 4spd - current ride

"I ride to fast to live, but live to fast to ride."

Comment

It does sound a bit much, but you also have to figure if they're rust free parts, how old, etc. They'd better be quite nice looking off a low miles Aspire (preferably '96 or '97 with under 100K miles) with very little to no corrosion.

I wouldn't pay him to take the parts off though. You do that to get the experience if you haven't done such a thing yet. It'll give you an idea of the work to come on your own car.

I'd let him know you are in no hurry and you're looking around. If he comes down to $250, now you're in the superior ballpark.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Like Safety Guy said, it depends on the condition. If you have to replace most of the little stuff, then it's too much. If you can just bolt it all on and go, then it's a deal.
          Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

i paid about 300 as well, 150 for rear beam, and 75 a knuckle. at the time i was looking there where no aspires local to me, but i did find a gold mine and wednesday is half off. so maybe i can get a set up for 200 now

Comment

I just bought a complete aspire brake swap at the new Take-A- Part here in town. Hubs, rotors and calipers, sway bar, front springs, rear beam drum to drum and the steel wheels/tires. Total $280. Very clean parts.
              But, I pulled the parts myself. WORK! Plus, I will lose a nail. Smashed! And you have new calipers. You have weigh the value/ cost of that stuff to see the real deal.
              '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
              '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
              '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
              '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
              '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
              '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
              '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

I went to a junkyard and took all the parts off that I wanted from under the car besides the rims/tires for $100. But it also needs new rotors and calipers/pads.
                -Josh R

Comment

Working...
                X