Springs for a BP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springs for a BP

I need to find springs for a BP that will still allow me enough clearance for 14"s
    Anyone ever done that combo? I thought about uncut Aspire springs, but still unsure if it'll be enough.
    J-S

'93L "Pepestiva" - 160 miles old Road Slave

Your post is too vague to give you a useful answer. What size tires will you use? Wheel width and offset? By BP you mean a Festiva with a BP engine?
    Oscar

Comment

Sorry for the vagueness Oscar.

- Yes it will be a Festiva with a BP (now B-eight)
      - No tires in mind yet I guess I'll use something around 185/60. Looking for a good balance in comfort vs handling. Go ahead if you have any suggestions here.
      - My only limitation is the diameter.
      - Wheels will probably be Miata sizes: 14X 5.5 45mm offset
      J-S

'93L "Pepestiva" - 160 miles old Road Slave

Comment

That wheel size and offset will rub on the spring perch on the rear struts. I've used 13x5.5 +38mm offset (175/70 tires) and they didn't rub on the struts but rolled the fender lips because there was a bit of rubbing under full compression (using FMS lowering springs). I think +40mm would be even better. Aspire rear struts help with rubbing issues (the spring perch is slightly higher or lower, can't remember). Keep in mind that the car will look fairly high with the Aspire strut/spring combo.
        I don't think the BP is that much heavier than the B3, especially if you don't have A/C in the BP setup, so the engine swap shouldn't affect the car height that much.
        Many folks have/are using 14" wheels. Check out the photos and see if that's the look you are after. Definitely better tire choices.
        Oscar

Comment

I ran 195/45-15's with a BP and FMS lowering springs, it was fine... Pic from AutoXing it with that setup:

Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

And then switched the a set of Miata wheels... I think these were 180/65-14's... I can't remember for sure. It was also fine:

Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Simon, which kind of struts/shocks were you using?
              Oscar

Comment

Working...
              X