Enkei 13" Rim Tire Placement...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enkei 13" Rim Tire Placement...

I just restored some old 13" Enkei rims and forgot what size tires were mounted previously. I am asking what size 13" tire should I go with? If anyone has recommendations or a set for sale, I am interested in a set of four. A picture of my rim is posted in my album section.

Thanks everyone for your help and assistance,
    Al from Alsip, IL

Most do 155/80 or 175/70 on the 13s. I've had some 205/60s (they rub pretty bad on all four corners without tucking the fender lip) and also some 185/60s (I liked those) but those sizes are harder to find. the 155/80s are usually the cheapest tires you can find, seen them brand new from around $12.99 each. The installation cost more than the tire! ($15 each) :lol: I like those enkeis, they look a lot like the ones I just put on my wife's festi this morning. We're running 175/70s on them.

Here they are on my old car, with I think 165/80s on them... too of big tires but it got it home on the tow dolly ok. I'll try to get a pic of her car tonight with the 175/70s so you can see how those look.

Last edited by htchbck; 03-23-2011, 12:59 PM.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Depends on if you want cushy ride or good handling.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

165/65/13 is close to stock height
        B6 with lightweight Flywheel, FMS street cam
        Holy heck gee willickers its fast!!drool

Comment

but 165/70s are more accurate. BTW i found bothe 165/70 AND 185/60 at onlinetires,com adn i immagine that you'll find them at tireseasy,com and on the 'bay.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I am interested in purchasing local - probably Discount Tire. They do not have 165/70/13 nor 165/65/13. They do have 155/80/13
            Kumho Power Star 758 for $43 each or SA4 All Season (Made by Cooper) for $45 each. Htchbck, where do you buy tires for $12.99?

Comment

^

walmart 175 70 13 42.00 each
              Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

All the WalMart's near my home had closed their auto service center and no longer sell tires. Do you still have them in NC? This is where I would purchase my 12" tires from.

Comment

The picture with the Konigs are 175/70/13 Michelin X tires from Sam's Club, the steelies are Winterforce 155/80/13 from Tire Rack that I mount myself ( since they are steel rims).
                  Depending on the offset of the wheel, you may need to put an set of Monroe Aspire struts on the rear for spring perch clearance if they touch slightly at stock height using 175/70's. KYB's are same height Festiva or Aspire, so save your money. Some run spacers for clearance also.
                  I have also run 155/80/13 on steelies with FMS springs, but they do rub the front fenders at full wheel lock. This would likely be the case also if your springs are high mileage with weaker struts.
                  Have owned 9 so far
                  White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
                  Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
                  Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
                  Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
                  Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

Offset is 38. Do you think the 155/80/13 will rub at full turn of the wheel only? Would there be a rear strut perch issue?

Comment

The BBSs that came off my wifes were 38 offset with 155/80s on them. We didn't have any rubbing on the drive home, and I was a little rough on it at one point just to make sure the suspension was in decent shape.
                      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

155/80's are taller than 175/70. Your car is gonna be slower.
                        91GL BP/F3A with boost
                        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

It never has made *that* much difference with my cars, and my commute is 37 miles of twisty, hilly secondary roads. If it will show up anywhere, it would be there.
                          Ask Karl (safety guy) what the trip is like!
                          Never had a perch rub with the 80 series tires, but the Michelins are a bit wider than most 70 series IMO, and had a slight rub you could smell on my commute, so I changed to the Aspire struts to cure that. This has all been a test to try and get away from the 175/60/13 or 185/60's because they are becoming harder to find with less choices as time goes by. I will be trying the VW coilovers next to see how they handle the punishment next, myself, and will keep moving toward the cheaper 175/70 size. The Michelins were only 300.00 mounted, and have turned out to be a good tire that lasts a little longer than the Sumitomos, Falkens,Nexxens, etc. Mounting eats you alive when you are shredding a set of tires every summer season...... but that may have something to do with the way I drive......:p

Michael
                          Have owned 9 so far
                          White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
                          Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
                          Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
                          Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
                          Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

^

Originally posted by FordFestiva View Post
                            All the WalMart's near my home had closed their auto service center and no longer sell tires. Do you still have them in NC? This is where I would purchase my 12" tires from.
                            yes but they are running out fast. there is some on ebay for 128.00 a set in ohio but shipping is 65 bucks. oh yeah ebay item #360352427148
                            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Working...
                            X