aspire fms springs vs festy fms springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aspire fms springs vs festy fms springs

i know on fms the springs have different part numbers and they have a set on their ebay store that are listed specificly for the aspire. so my question is... is there a difference in the spring like the spring rate or height or whatever? thanks for any info.
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Aspires should have a heavier spring rate.
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Originally posted by bebandit View Post
      Aspires should have a heavier spring rate.
      ...and give the little festy a better ride!
      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Can you post a part number for aspire springs ?

Comment

^ i understand that the stock aspire springs have a higher spring rate than the festy and is a popular upgrade. the fms sport lowering springs are a mystery to me about their spring rates because they arent listed. if the aspire fms springs have a higher spring rate than the festy why hasnt any one just bought them and put them on their funbox fore even grater handeling than stock aspire or fms sport springs (which ive heard are not anything to brag about because their still too soft) just curious about all this sorry if its redundant to you veterans who have been here for much longer than me. maybey ill just call roger and try to get specifics on the spring rates of each spring to see if there is any difference. thanks for any input.

heres the link to the fms web site and you can see the parts w numbers side by side

and here is a link to the fms ebay store. same story the parts side by side with different specific aplications
          eBay Motors makes it easy to find parts for cars, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles & more. We even offer a massive selection of new & pre-owned classics, hot rods, exotics, vans, ATVs, RVs, boats and more at eBay Motors. Shop for your next vehicle, or start selling in a marketplace with 171 million buyers.
          -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
          -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

I'll chime in here cause it sounds like you are asking why dont Festy owners put the FMS ASPIRE springs on a FESTY? If thats what you are asking,its because the ASPIRE's are an inch taller. The ASPIRE has a lower spring perch. If I'm wrong feel free to correct me anyone. I've only been in this game @ a month. And springs are not on my "to do list" yet.
            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Actually the Aspire rear struts have a higher spring perch. That's why you want to use them on a Festiva when using wider wheels and tires.
              Jerry
              Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
              93 L Lightning. BP

Comment

I've long guessed that if you put FMS Aspire lowering springs on a Festiva, you'd probably get close to stock ride height, but I don't know of anyone who's actually tried it.

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Are they a progressive spring ?
                  -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

yes they are
                    B6 with lightweight Flywheel, FMS street cam
                    Holy heck gee willickers its fast!!drool

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
                      I'll chime in here cause it sounds like you are asking why dont Festy owners put the FMS ASPIRE springs on a FESTY? If thats what you are asking,its because the ASPIRE's are an inch taller. The ASPIRE has a lower spring perch. If I'm wrong feel free to correct me anyone. I've only been in this game @ a month. And springs are not on my "to do list" yet.
                      this is exactly what i want to know. and even if they are still too tall cut a coil or 2 and see how it works out. i still need to call roger and ask about the spring rate and length.

Comment

Originally posted by bebandit View Post
                        Actually the Aspire rear struts have a higher spring perch. That's why you want to use them on a Festiva when using wider wheels and tires.
                        Whoops thats what I meant. I work 3rd shift so brain was a little zzzzleepy. Thanks bebandit !

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                          I've long guessed that if you put FMS Aspire lowering springs on a Festiva, you'd probably get close to stock ride height, but I don't know of anyone who's actually tried it.

Karl
                          This actually sounds like a decent idea. I'm surprised no one has tried it. My first thought though. FMS ASPIRE lowering spring = Cut down stock ASPIRE spring
                          Somebody (Maybe Me) needs to do a good spring poundage test with pics of our spring options including cut down aspire. Basically one person with the same gauge on all the springs. This might clear the gray area a little. Cause it seems unless I've missed the trhead? That its kinda hit and miss. But all things being equal. If you have some expierence you can sorta guess the results. But the FMS springs I would really like to see what the test out at.
                          My thoughts right now are lower the two strut mount holes 1" on the front knuckle and use Aspire springs on a Festy. On the back just cut em 1 coil. Cause it sounds like it only makes em @ 200 lbs stiffer. By lowering the holes in the front it will give you more steering (lots). I"m just to busy right now to even get into my garage. Let me know what you guys think of this idea. Ride ht will stay the same,you'll have an ASPIRE spring which is stiffer (Me thinks?). And by lowering the mount point of the strut you should change roll center. Thomas-

Comment

Driver One has Aspire springs on the back of his Festiva. It sits a little higher than normal. He can tell you the handling aspect of it. He also has Aspire struts on it if I remember correctly.
                            Jerry
                            Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                            93 L Lightning. BP

Comment

things that make ya go hmm.... ill call roger and try to get some specs to post for us

Comment

Working...
                              X