Center bore???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Center bore???

If I find a used set of wheels with the correct bolt pattern, offset, etc (all is good) but the bore is too large how big a deal is that? I'm just not sure how critical that is and I'm not finding a lot of clarity via search. If the wheels bolt on tight it would seem to not be a problem but want to be sure. Thanks
    '93 Festiva GL / "HOT ROD"
    '02 F-150 Supercrew
    '02 Excursion 4x4
    '98 Jeep Cherokee Classic Limited

having the center bore correct helps center the wheel before torqing it down. Scrappy runs without spacers and no issues, BUT you MUST install the wheels by hand and shift the whole thing intill the lugs seat the whole way before torqing so the wheel spins true. typical an aftermarket wheel has a 72.6mm center bore and you would need a 59.6mm adapter (iirc).
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
      having the center bore correct helps center the wheel before torqing it down. Scrappy runs without spacers and no issues, BUT you MUST install the wheels by hand and shift the whole thing intill the lugs seat the whole way before torqing so the wheel spins true. typical an aftermarket wheel has a 72.6mm center bore and you would need a 59.6mm adapter (iirc).
      Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks a bunch!!!
      '93 Festiva GL / "HOT ROD"
      '02 F-150 Supercrew
      '02 Excursion 4x4
      '98 Jeep Cherokee Classic Limited

Comment

And re-check your bolt torque often, especially after the first time you install them. We run "lug centric" wheels on our race car with no problems, but you need to use more care when installing them like Festyboy said. Don't just "slap" them on and go. Another good thing to do is get wheel studs and nuts to replace the stock lug bolts.
        Last edited by Festy46; 03-29-2011, 05:49 AM.
        You gonna race that thing?
        http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Working...
        X