Wheels and tires (not mine)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels and tires (not mine)...

I was needing to know if these would fit my '89 Festy L without any mods? Aren't the Festy's bolt pattern a 4x114.3? Would the offset be too deep into the well or springs?
    Either way this looked like a heck of a deal for new wheels and tires non-the-less.

festiva lug pattern is 4x114.3. But these are 15" rims as well. they'll technically fit but you need to do some more research on here for more variables, options, issues, etc.
    Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

Those would work regardless if you had the Aspire swap are not. That is a killer deal on wheels and tires man. Worse comes to worse you could get wheel spacers and Aspire struts and springs to raise the spring perch up
      Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
      1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
      2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
      2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

There are a few guys on here running 195/50R15s on 38 offset wheels. I don't know what all they had to do to get them not to rub, but they will definitely fit, but will take some modding to work without rubbing.
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

You may like these - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I was thinking about them for a while.

Comment

you will HAVE to use spacers in the rear (at least 10mm).
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

If he uses spacers in the rear - he may clear the strut perch, but always keep in mind the body rubbing the tire if you should have suspension travel.

Comment

2 spacers in the rear, gorrilla stud conversion, tuner nuts, fender roll in the rear. This is on FMS & kyb's. 195/*45*/15 and yes, they rub on a hard bump. (on the inner wheel well.
                Mon arme a moi, c'est un stylo.

Comment

Originally posted by Kofkof_00 View Post
                  2 spacers in the rear, gorrilla stud conversion, tuner nuts, fender roll in the rear. This is on FMS & kyb's. 195/*45*/15 and yes, they rub on a hard bump. (on the inner wheel well.
                  All 4 will rub? What's your offset?

Comment

only the rears. the offset is 40, but I had to put 2 spacers in the rear to clear the trailing arm.

Comment

I had 195/45-15 on 15x6.5" +38mm offset with no mods or spacers and NEVER RUBBED in a year of driving (sometimes hard backroad driving). It was close to rear arm but never hit. The 195/50's are nearly 10mm taller on top and bottom. It would have worked on my car. Stock Festy springs and non KYB struts. I don't know what the difference is between KYB's and a cheaper style strut is.
                      -Bryant

Comment

Lowers the car by about an inch or 2, depending on how loaded it is. Mine are 7" wide though

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=34926 has a decent pic of mine, you can see there's not a lot of clearance...
                        Last edited by Kofkof_00; 03-31-2011, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X