painted the enkei knockoffs today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painted the enkei knockoffs today

Well, today in between doing the front and rear brakes and rear wheel bearing (fingers crossed that they'll be alright) I painted the Enkei knock-offs from my old red car. We took them to my work yesterday and balanced them (175/70R13 tires), and picked up some paint. Rustoleum "Graphite" wheel paint, and its pretty good looking stuff I think, will have to wait and see how well it holds up though.

Here's the before:

I didn't actually clean the wheels up before I hit them with the paint, just chucked up a wire wheel in the drill and whizzed off the chipped and flaky paint in the middle. Came out ok, I'll probably pull them sometime this summer and do an actual cleaning and paint them again, but I like it.

After:

Side by side:

Here's the finished product on the car as it sits now:

I'll be using this paint when I do the 1988festivazoom treatment to my Miata's daisys as well, and possibly the wheels that came with this car when I bought it.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Nice1 I like those
    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

great looking wheels
      Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

sweet lookin stuff, if you wanna polish your lip really nicley too grab some mothers aluminum polish, jack your car up in the air start the car put it in 3rd and let off the clutch and than use a rag/ soem aluminum polish and polish the lip.. doesnt take to long but you will be surprised by the results they will look brand new!

Comment

Thanks for the tip! I will probably wait to polish the lip till I strip the wheels and repaint them. All I did this time was knock off the flaking paint in the center but I'll be completely redoing them sometime this summer.
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Love the wheels.

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
            sweet lookin stuff, if you wanna polish your lip really nicley too grab some mothers aluminum polish, jack your car up in the air start the car put it in 3rd and let off the clutch and than use a rag/ soem aluminum polish and polish the lip.. doesnt take to long but you will be surprised by the results they will look brand new!
            I thought I was the only one who used their car for wheel polishing. :smile:
            Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
            '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
            '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

lol @ jpt !!...np, i read it on some other forum of some guy doing it, it only took me like 10 mins a wheel and they turned out super nice!! and it worked great!

Comment

Hey there, I did mine just a month ago. I stripped with airplane stripper and painted. I was thinking of blasting them, but didn't want to distort the aluminum perimeter trim. Took about six hours total time.
                Last edited by FordFestiva; 04-04-2011, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X