Is this correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this correct?

So, I ordered refurbished calipers (auto trans.) for my aspire swap from RockAuto. Except that the right front caliper's lower bolt hits the sway bar at full turn. Actually the bolt stops the turn before the steering wheel stops.

Here is a picture. The lower/left one is the problem. Notice the length of the bushing/spacer and the thickness of the housing compared to that of the other caliper. The originals (manual trans.) are also shown.

Here are the part numbers:
    left = 14150052
    right = 14150051

Anyone else have this problem? I don't think RockAuto sent me the wrong part as the correct part number was on the box and they bolt right up. Can anyone with newer Aspire calipers verify that the right front has the longer spacer then the left front?

I don't know maybe they're just the difference between manufacturers? They were refurbished...

1993 Ford Festiva L ($650)
    Mazda 1.8L BP - PaceSetter Header (in progress)
    Aspire Swap - 15x6.5 wheels, 205/50/15 tires
    >> Photo Album <<

I've had right number on the box and wrong part in it too many times to count.

-Scott
    Aqua 93 L
    Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
    White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

That is a sliding sleeve and should move in and out, but the core looks thicker than the original. Measure the original core vs. the new. Hard to tell in the picture.

Comment

^^ 2x .... The sliding bushing looks like a long one when it should be a short one, you can get those slide bushing kits at a mcparts store. That would save you the Internet trouble, everything else looks right, just swap out the bushing.

Check the other side of the caliper, could be they mixed up the bushing during the build, it should be long, if it's short than that explains the issue
        Last edited by Occhty; 04-04-2011, 08:01 PM.
        (paperboy 23) 88 Festy Blue, aspire Engine/trans/efi swap,

Comment

The depth of the brake caliper sleeve area (short side) is definitely different from all your other calipers (both old ones and the other new one). Looks to me to be a different caliper body altogether, although it appears to be the same type. As to whether or not the sliding sleeve inside the short caliper sleeve area is the right length, I can't tell since you don't seem to have the short caliper bolt inserted for comparison purposes.

Looks like you have the wrong caliper body there.

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Thanks for the input. I'll be calling RockAuto tonight for a replacement.

1993 Ford Festiva L ($650)
            Mazda 1.8L BP - PaceSetter Header (in progress)
            Aspire Swap - 15x6.5 wheels, 205/50/15 tires
            >> Photo Album <<

Comment

You shouldnt have any issues with them , I got some errors in the past and they always make it right in the end.

Comment

Working...
              X