No announcement yet.

Tire size with metro wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can definitely notice a difference in acceleration. There's an 8.3% jump in tire diameter. Its even more noticeable with an auto.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Well I got the tires yesterday from tire-easy.com. They are Tigar brand and I assumed they would be some Chinese tires however they were made in Serbia. This morning, I took them to get mounted and balanced and after they had 3 mounted they called me over to the balancer. All 3 mounted tires were way out of round, wheels looked perfect. I decided to just have some 155/80/13's installed since they had them in stock and waiting to hear back from tire-easy about a refund.
      Rick
      1993 Ford Festiva
      1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
      1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
      2000 Ford E350

Comment

I've got the 155/80/13's on the car. It definitely took a little oomph from getting of the line. However it rides great. It's about 90% better but I still have a vibration around 55-65 that must be a bad mount, something in the drivetrain or bad hub, etc.
        Rick
        1993 Ford Festiva
        2000 Ford E350

Comment

can you tell if the vibration is coming from the front of the car & if so which side?
          Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

I was quoted for $275 for 4 12" tires installed with lifetime replacement. That will run me for life, too. As long as I have the card with the quote on it.
            1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
            Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
            daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
            A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
              can you tell if the vibration is coming from the front of the car & if so which side?
              From the front but doesn't seem to be coming from any one side.

Originally posted by Basement_Modder View Post
              I was quoted for $275 for 4 12" tires installed with lifetime replacement. That will run me for life, too. As long as I have the card with the quote on it.
              The guy at Walmart who installed the new tires told me he used to have a Metro and remembered when they use to sell the 155/80/12's for around $12 each. Were they ever that cheap?
              Rick
              1993 Ford Festiva
              2000 Ford E350

Comment

Not sure what I paid for just the tires, it was a package deal.
                185/70R13 (4) mounted , balanced and free road hazard replacement.
                Total deal was $199

It's nice to know people that run tire stores
                Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
                1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

Wow, the return claim process with tier-easy.com is a royal PITA!
                  Here's the first of many emails:
                  "Thank you for informing us about the problem you have experienced with the tires.

We want to inform you that the tires we sell are under the manufacturer's warranty , but because Tigar is a new brand on the US market, at this moment they do not have local dealers were you can take the tires for inspection and receive replacement tires , so we will have to take them back at the warehouse and have them inspected.

If the tires are found to have a manufacture defect , we will refund you the money you have spent on the tires, a total of $ 44.67 per defective tire .

We will not be able to send you replacement tires.

In case the inspection shows that the tires are not faulty ones, you will be responsible for the transportation cost to the warehouse, a total of $ 8.57 per non defective tire .

Before , we can start the claim procedure , please send us a statement from the local installer that the tires have a factory defect or send us some pictures of the tires with :

- the brand ,model , tire size ;

- with the DOT code found on the sidewall of the tire;

- pictures with the defect area, just if it's visible;

-measurement of the tread depth .

We will then send you some claim forms , that you will have to fill and send them back to us by email or by fax.

As soon as we receive the claim forms, we will arrange for UPS to come and pick up the tire.

For any additional information you can reply to my email address.

Thank you for your understanding."

My dad got some tires from Tirerack and wasn't happy with one and they sent a new one no questions asked before the old one was picked up.
                  Rick
                  1993 Ford Festiva
                  2000 Ford E350

Comment

Working...
                  X