No announcement yet.

Cutting the steelies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey this could be a "how-to" thread on how to plan to crash your festiva :thumbright:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Basement_Modder View Post
      Is it possible to cut the stock steel rims from a festiva without them becoming too weak? I was thinking something along the lines of this:

The pattern is to merge every other slot and cut it all the way to the bevel in the center.

Other rims have patterns like this and remain strong, so why not the stock wheels? My only concern is that the steel would be too thin and collapse under the weight of the car.

Thoughts? I think it would look awesome if painted black with chrome bolts and red calipers.
      Do what you did in this picture--use a black permanent marker to make it look like a 5-spoke rim!
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

If you still decide to do this, do me a favor and put my name on the title too.
        Then I can collect the usable remains of the car without a lot of legal hassle.
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
          If you still decide to do this, do me a favor and put my name on the title too.
          Then I can collect the usable remains of the car without a lot of legal hassle.
          But John, if that was the case, wouldn't you also be responsible for any damages if he injured someone else? Better ask to be in his will.
          Jerry
          Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
          90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
          92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
          93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

John, if you will send me $500, I will send you ten times that amount when a certain party sends me the $500 he owes me.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by bebandit View Post
              But John, if that was the case, wouldn't you also be responsible for any damages if he injured someone else? Better ask to be in his will.
              Jerry, think a lot depends on the state your in.But can't see how being on the title of a car would make me responsible for other peoples stupidity.
              But wouldn't put it past some lawyer to try.

Did think of asking for the car via a will, but thought that might not be as easy, due to the "sound mind" part. Who is going to believe that of a person who intensionally cuts up there wheels and drives on them is of "sound mind". Me thinks it would be contested!
              '92 Aqua parts Car
              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                John, if you will send me $500, I will send you ten times that amount when a certain party sends me the $500 he owes me.
                I have some news on that front, will call you later today after the ether bunny has left your area!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                '92 Aqua parts Car
                '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

GREAT vid!!!! Thanks.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                    GREAT vid!!!! Thanks.
                    Can't take credit for it, I stole the link off a post someone put upon FB.
                    '92 Aqua parts Car
                    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

That video is hilarious!

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
                      91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

Yeah, great. Now I'm afraid to go to sleep....WHAT IF I DREAM OF BUNNIES?!?!?!?!

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Originally posted by bebandit View Post
                          nope....his name is on it to transfer the title...not getting it in his name before it happens.
                          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                          89L Silver EFI auto
                          91GL Green Auto DD
                          There ain't no rest for the wicked
                          until we close our eyes for good.
                          I will sleep when I die!
                          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                            Hey this could be a "how-to" thread on how to plan to crash your festiva :thumbright:
                            Maybe add a 600hp Festiva to that thread when you do that! hahaha :p

Comment

Working...
                            X