Festiva vs. Aspire rear brake hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva vs. Aspire rear brake hoses

Can someone tell me the differences in length between the Aspire and Festiva rear brake hoses?

If I am reading my search results properly it's just the driver's side hose that's the issue on the brake swap but I want to make sure.

Thanks
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

thats it. it attaches to the axle beam in a different location.
    Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
    93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
    91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
    93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
    15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
    88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

What is the actual length of the Aspire brake hose is?
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

Excuse my grammar in the previous post.... fingers were working faster than brain.

Anyway... can someone measure a drivers side brake hose from either a Festiva or an Aspire for me, please?

I have everything together for the back half of my brake swap except that I forgot to get the Aspire hose when I pulled the beam. I did install the stainless brake hoses from FMS quite sometime ago and the fronts were for an Aspire so I'm hoping that I was shipped the rear Aspire ones as well. If I get the measurement of either of the stock ones I will be able to tell. I'm hoping to get this done in the next couple of days.

Thanks

Ian
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
          Excuse my grammar in the previous post.... fingers were working faster than brain.

Anyway... can someone measure a drivers side brake hose from either a Festiva or an Aspire for me, please?

I have everything together for the back half of my brake swap except that I forgot to get the Aspire hose when I pulled the beam. I did install the stainless brake hoses from FMS quite sometime ago and the fronts were for an Aspire so I'm hoping that I was shipped the rear Aspire ones as well. If I get the measurement of either of the stock ones I will be able to tell. I'm hoping to get this done in the next couple of days.

Thanks

Ian
          I will try to measure both Festy and Aspire left rear brake hoses tmw morning. Not quite sure what time zone Alberta is in. I will post aboot 9am, US central time.
          Last edited by TominMO; 04-27-2011, 06:00 PM.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I checked Rock Auto to see if they gave lengths; they don't. Interestingly, the Aspire rear left is used only on Aspires, while the Festy rear left is used on all Festys, gen 1 (1986 - 89) 323s, and 1988 - 89 Tracers.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
              I will try to measure both Festy and Aspire left rear brake hoses tmw morning. Not quite sure what time zone Alberta is in. I will post aboot 9am, US central time.
              Thanks Tom. Alberta is on mountain time, same as Denver.
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

OK, the measurements for the left rear brake lines. These are from the hex head on each end, where they go into their mounts.

Aspire: 13"
                Festiva: 12"

HTH.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Awsome... thanks Tom.

Ian
                  Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

I just completed the Aspire/Festiva brake swap and although the Festiva hoses are long enough they don't properly secure (the 6-sided hose nuts are slightly larger) into the Aspire brackets. I wound up using a tapered grinding stone in a drill to open up the brackets. Easiest would be to install Aspire hoses but that probably isn't cheap.

Comment

Brake hose size due to type of car can be an issue. Another issue may be if you are shipped the wrong part, which is what I think happened to me with my LR hose on Aqua's Aspire swap. I zip tied that connection on top of the bracket, using an old suspension bushing for cushioning.

On Aqua's front swap I also used Kia Rio struts, into which I had to zip tie my [Festiva] front hoses. I know I was shipped Festiva front hoses from Rockauto because I had to snip off the banjo bolt extension prongs since they didn't fit my Aspire calipers.

Yesterday I put on entirely new front brakes (LF was sticking and my one attempt to regrease the sliders didn't last) and I used Kia Rio front hoses with my new Aspire auto calipers, which fit everything perfectly.

I'm leery of Rockauto's "manufacturer closeouts" now. Seems that a few of them were not the right part. Yes, maybe I ordered wrong, but I don't think so.

Karl
                      Last edited by Safety Guy; 05-01-2011, 01:51 PM.
                      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                      X