strut mount question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strut mount question

which front strut mounts should i buy, i seem to remember reading something about the KYB units not fitting correctly, is this true? where's the best place to get them?

thanks,
    Arty
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

KYB GR2's and they fit fine. Check with http://www.festivamotorsport.com/

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

I have kyb gr2 in my car and they fit almost no problem (one side it was a little tight to for the hub mounts). Cant tell you how they are yet though. :roll:
      Ian Carr
      88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
      99' S70 T5M- faster DD
      86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

GR2s aren't even really a performance strut (when compared to other performance struts), just something that is slightly better then stock.

PS Festyboy is talking about the front upper strut mount, and KYB apparently makes a strut mount for the Festiva.
        * Retired Festiva-er*
        1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
        B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

yup, that's what I'm getting at, the mounts themselves.

I'm also wondering what to do about the worn out spring perches on my festy, i can't seem to find replacements anywhere. any ideas?
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

FMS has a high durometer replacement.. I have replaced sets on both my red and black Festivas..

Comment

Any difference??
              Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

didn't really have anything to compare them to since both sets were pretty much in need of replacement.

Comment

Well mine are about due for replacement, would I notice a difference if I replaced them? -Kyle

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Comment

LOL.. kind of hard to tell how well they helped since I put them on at the same time as my KYB GR-2s and FMS springs.

Comment

Oh, ok... Well maybe if I get 'em I can tell you guys if there is a difference... -Kyle

Comment

Pillow ball mounts = no rubber.

Comment

This is something I made last year... I was just fooling around at first, but then I went and used actual dimensions... so these should fit the Festiva (and BF 323s) perfectly if I had them produced.

Pic 1

Pic 2
                          * Retired Festiva-er*
                          1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
                          B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by B6T
                            This is something I made last year... I was just fooling around at first, but then I went and used actual dimensions... so these should fit the Festiva (and BF 323s) perfectly if I had them produced.

Pic 1

Pic 2

They will work only problem is your going to lift the car like 2 inches if you make them flat like that.

Comment

I would be interested in a set if you have them produced!

Comment

Working...
                              X