coilovers... what should i do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coilovers... what should i do?

hey, i NEED some new coilovers and im starting to shop around for some... i dont know if i should go and get a set of coilovers for a mk3 VW or something else... what can i get them off of? i would like something with adjustable dampening and rebound... and maybe some dual rate springs, but it wont kill me if i miss out on this lol... i need something that is gonna help with the traction problems i am having, and wont go BANG!!! when i hit a pot hole lol... anyone have any good ideas?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

I'd also like to run some coilovers, I need to know the best set-up for someone running a BP swap and aspire swap. I run 14 inch tires as well.
    Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Comment

i would have a custom body made and un can use adjustble cartridges (struts)

i had a link for a place that made custom shocks, they where making them for saturn's, they where about 500 for a pair of bodies with an adjustable sturt

that was the site but its no longer. i would search "custom shock bodies" see if you can find a fabricator who can make them. it seems pretty simple let me know if you find anything.

Comment

"the rear needs to allow the tires to put the power on the ground" :lol:

Sorry, I've got no suggestions, but am very interested in what you find.

Comment

im thinking about the k-sport ones... shame i didnt pick them up from bustiva whne he had his for sale...

any other high quality ones under $1000?

will VW mk1 2 or 4 fit? or is it only the mk3 that will fit?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Does FMS still sell teins as their website suggests? Tried contacting them to no avail...
            60% of the time it works, every time!

Comment

I have mkII coilovers and they fit or at least you can make them fit with little work.
              BP Festiva on MS2 with gsxr itbs Woot!!!

Comment

i beleive mk2 and mk3 are the same

Comment

I want the Raceland MK2/3 ones. 350 front and 300 rear. I think they're only about $350 or so on ebay.
                  -Donny
                  -1992 Festiva GL
                  B6D/E-series.
                  -1991 GL
                  BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Is the stance for drag racing now "the cat in heat" with the same rate on all 4 corners? I might try this once running. I've driven a lot of skateboard cars why stop now heh.
                    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

anyone seen any good deals on vw mk2/3 coilovers?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Whats the softest rate that is part of a kit out there no matter the brand? 350 sounds rough when I think someome said 250 was bad too.
                        1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

sasquatch,

miata guys rant and rave about the riceland coilovers, they are actually a very very good product. id go with those. best price and quality everyone loves them!

-Julian.

Comment

I looked at the Raceland Coilovers, then compared the weight of the Mk1 Golf to the Festiva. At 100lbs lighter, the Golf's available coilovers are at 325 front! That seems uncomfortable as hell! You'd think 275/250 would be the best bet to be able to avoid chiropractor visits every time you cross a railroad track. I noticed also that the springs are available alone. Could, say, Aspire struts handle the lowering springs better, or would it be best to just pick up a set of lowering springs for a Pride?
                            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
                            X