upgrading to 15s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading to 15s

so I'm running 175/65/14 at the moment would 195/50/15 be a good tire set?

any opinions and recommendations would be appreciated
    Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Originally posted by ENEMY_ View Post
    so I'm running 175/65/14 at the moment would 195/50/15 be a good tire set?

any opinions and recommendations would be appreciated
    that is a good size, just make sure you get wheels with an appropriate offset so you will clear the spring seats. Fenders may have to be rolled but thats no biggie.

Comment

What is the correct offset to aim for? I dont know what I'm running right now
      Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Comment

I'm not really sure. I have 195/65/15 on front with 205/60 on the rear on a set of wheels I got off a junker 240sx. I'm sure someone here knows what the dimensions are on their 15's w/ 195/50's.

I've always been one to work with what I have available, so I "modify" my car to fit the add-on parts.

Comment

I've got 15x6½ +38mm offset and 195/45R15 and I just rolled the fender a little on the front

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

i got 15x6.5 39 offset and 195/50/15 on them... its the best tire size that you can get easy and cheap...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
              i got 15x6.5 39 offset and 195/50/15 on them... its the best tire size that you can get easy and cheap...
              is that the tire wheel combo you are running in your sig pic? if not have any other pics?

thanks
              -W.F.
              Automotive Misfit

Comment

15's scare me... do issues with them rubbing the purches? do they ever bottom out? with my 14 195 60 14's with 2 people in the car they will bottom out on high speed bumps. i can add a heavier spring but im just running out of suspension travel with the bigger wheels.

Comment

Im running 1955015 with aspire incut springs....honda accord rims with 5/16 spacer in the rear....no rubbing unless you use evasive maneuvers.
                  Ford Fester

Comment

I ran mx-3 gs 15s with 195/50/15 there a 15x6.5 with a 35mm offset. The fronts cleared with minor fender rolling. The rears would clear fine with aspire struts or trimming the spring seat and running coil overs.
                    Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                    93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                    91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                    93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                    15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                    88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Anyone using a 225/50R15 on a festiva.

Comment

Originally posted by schads View Post
                        Anyone using a 225/50R15 on a festiva.
                        im gonna try a pair i got... but i dont know how long till ill test fit them... im thinking ill need to roll the front fenders...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Working...
                        X