cargo bar strut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cargo bar strut

Is there any performance to adding a cargo bar from strut tower to strut tower in the rear. Or does it need to be tied/bolted in?
    Just thinking for easy removal when needed...

Any thoughts...?
    91 Festiva, BP, auto
    69 Mercury Cyclone CJ, 428 SCJ, 4 spd

I have one in my car. Can't say for sure, but it feels better. Mind you I also have a rear sway bar and coilovers. Mine also has a handy camera mount on it. So if its good for anything, its a sweet camera spot.

-Scott
    Aqua 93 L
    Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
    White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Ive heard it makes a big difference. Also someone on here has done all thread through the trailing arm tightening it up. I know I can tell a difference with just my seat out. That could be because of the weight and sounds along with it bolted in.
      1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

That was me! And Aaron too!
        Discuss improvements to your Festiva or Aspire in the handling, braking, wheels and tires areas.

Members Builds (questions about repair or how to do something belong in the proper forum)

-Scott
        Aqua 93 L
        Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
        White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Yes, I did the treaded rod in the rear and it made a big difference. Actually I was going to step it up and add a 7/8 metal electrical conduit and put it over the rod.

The Cargo bar was 15 bucks and the smallest ( lengthwise ) at 38". It sounds like it worth a shot. I would imagine once you do the major things the smaller ones are harder and harder to notice. Thx
          91 Festiva, BP, auto
          69 Mercury Cyclone CJ, 428 SCJ, 4 spd

Comment

Originally posted by 71Montego View Post
            Is there any performance to adding a cargo bar from strut tower to strut tower in the rear. Or does it need to be tied/bolted in?
            Just thinking for easy removal when needed...

Any thoughts...?
            It would need to fit tight in order to be completely effective...but you may try some type of recepticle on one end and a tapered hitch pin on the other to allow for easier removal.
            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Honesty, the only positive effects of adding a rear strut tower bar is overall body rigidity. The rear shocks don't see any real stress in the same way as an IRS set up. I have a piece of box tubing hammered and welded in place, but that's my harness anchor point in the rear. I cant honestly say there is a notice able difference after installing it.
              Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
              93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
              91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
              93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
              15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
              88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Working...
              X